Re: Round 2

Lysaght Dancer wrote:I don’t get why this is looked at as a bad draw. In fact, financially, it’s a very good one.

With half gate reciepts, tv and participation fees, we could be looking at close to £200k for this tie.

We could play a big standard team at home or away, have none of the above and get knocked out.

This is a good draw. Plus we will beat them anyway.
Whilst i may have disagreed with some of your posts in the past, after my initial disappointment with the draw, i have to say i'm agreeing with your views about it now and loving your positivity. Beating them after a replay would be even better financially?

Many potentially worse draws - looking at the teams drawn at home, I'd prefer this to most. Looks nailed on for TV. If it's on the main BBC, it kills two birds with one stone and BBC Wales can keep their own money in their pocket.

I predict we win via a replay and S4C stumps up for that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Special branch wrote:I also think its a great draw and its no banana skin. Wrexham will start as favourites and the pressure will be on them. Oh! It certainly is a derby!
You are more right than you realize. A Derby was originally any big match. If it was two local teams it was a local derby. Over time the local bit got dropped.

However this game is a Welsh derby.

Don't agree there Brendan. If Chester were to play Cheltenham, (similar locations and distances) would that be seen as an English derby?

It is certainly a Welsh FA cup tie, but not a derby.

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Special branch wrote:I also think its a great draw and its no banana skin. Wrexham will start as favourites and the pressure will be on them. Oh! It certainly is a derby!
You are more right than you realize. A Derby was originally any big match. If it was two local teams it was a local derby. Over time the local bit got dropped.

Don't agree there Brendan. If Chester were to play Cheltenham, (similar locations and distances) would that be seen as an English derby?

It's the English Football League, any two teams from Yorkshire is a derby.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Many potentially worse draws - looking at the teams drawn at home, I'd prefer this to most. Looks nailed on for TV. If it's on the main BBC, it kills two birds with one stone and BBC Wales can keep their own money in their pocket.

Have the County ever had a live match on UK terrestrial TV?

This fixture and possible progression is worth £ to us, stuff we are short of .... imo we should play as strong as team as possible.

No matter how low a Lge 1 side we play .... maybe wrong but Oxford may have been bottom ? .... there is a huge gulf in squad ability .... anything less than our very strongest line up will result in defeat imo.

Blackandamber wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Many potentially worse draws - looking at the teams drawn at home, I'd prefer this to most. Looks nailed on for TV. If it's on the main BBC, it kills two birds with one stone and BBC Wales can keep their own money in their pocket.

Yes S4C and BBC

Justanordinaryfan wrote:This fixture and possible progression is worth £ to us, stuff we are short of .... imo we should play as strong as team as possible.

No matter how low a Lge 1 side we play .... maybe wrong but Oxford may have been bottom ? .... there is a huge gulf in squad ability .... anything less than our very strongest line up will result in defeat imo.
Shite - wrong thread - meant Plymouth game. Someone cleverer than me can move it the Plymouth topic.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Yes S4C and BBC
UK terrestrial TV not Wales only.

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But the term Derby means big match. As such Swansea v Cardiff would be the biggest Welsh game. Newport and Wrexham are the third and fourth biggest clubs in Wales. The Welsh equivalent of Chelsea v Manchester United? :grin: