Re: Harry kewell sacked

Give him a 3 year contract so that he can rebuild the club give him 14 games in which I think he only lost 6 which is an improvement to Nolans form while still having half a team out injured then to sack him, didn't even give him time to bring in the players he wanted/needed???

LDExile wrote:Give him a 3 year contract so that he can rebuild the club give him 14 games in which I think he only lost 6 which is an improvement to Nolans form while still having half a team out injured then to sack him, didn't even give him time to bring in the players he wanted/needed???
Suggests there's more to it than just the relative performance of the team.

This is a testament that grass is not greener on the other side and that going to a so called bigger club just builds the pressure on results.
Hindsight is a great thing but this is a common scenario with managers with trying to become over ambitious too soon without getting the maximum from their existing club.
Flynny I know will not leave Newport without leaving them on a high and reaching their full potential.
Mike if you read this stay and take this club as far as you can and the fans know what is possible with you as manager because you care for Newport and being born and bred in the city makes everything possible.

George Street-Bridge wrote:The Cheltenham goals were all shockers - one unmarked header eight yards out, two shots from near the penalty spot with no Notts player within yards.

Bear in mind it's at home to a potential relegation rival and presumably with candidates to replace Kewell watching.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... cheltenham
Not surprising with Turley at the back - never football league standard.