Outgoing Premier league Chairman

The outgoing Premier league Chairman will be leaving his post in January. The Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has written to all Premier clubs asking them to stump up £250k each as a £5million going away present for him.

Perhaps they think that his reported £2.5 million per year salary on top of whatever pension he will get is not enough to see him well in his retirement. Ah bless.

I think the clubs would get better publicity and could do more good in football if they split the £250k in half and gave it to each of the L1 and L2 clubs.

Sometimes I feel that you just cannot make these stories up. Unbelievable.

Re: Outgoing Premier league Chairman

Exile 1976 wrote:It seems obscene but Unfortunately the Premier League is a business. He made each and every one of those clubs many millions of pounds, £250k just a snip of what he’s got them. Job well done.
I agree. However, any bonus/package/reward etc should have been given to him whilst he was in the job. I agree that as far as the Premiership goes, he has done a good job. It is the paying of this money now, at the end of his tenure that sucks. Two fingers up to the rest of you etc, etc.

A previous poster said that it is business, not politics. I disagree completely. It is all about politics. This is nothing to do with good business for the Premier league. Bruce Buck is attempting to make a name for himself. In a year or two, watch for a move from him towards some further post within the Premier league. If the stupid Premier league Chairman/Directors of Finance cannot see that, then - more fool them.

As ever, the punters, whether by tv subscription, season tickets or merchandise will pay for it. We are all bloody mugs. Ripped off because of our love for football. As has been mentioned this week, money doesn't just talk, it screams.

penycwm county wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:It seems obscene but Unfortunately the Premier League is a business. He made each and every one of those clubs many millions of pounds, £250k just a snip of what he’s got them. Job well done.
That was his job, thats why they paid him so much.

They’re now showing their appreciation for a job well done. Beats a clock I guess

pembsexile wrote:
I agree. However, any bonus/package/reward etc should have been given to him whilst he was in the job. I agree that as far as the Premiership goes, he has done a good job. It is the paying of this money now, at the end of his tenure that sucks. Two fingers up to the rest of you etc, etc.

A previous poster said that it is business, not politics. I disagree completely. It is all about politics. This is nothing to do with good business for the Premier league. Bruce Buck is attempting to make a name for himself. In a year or two, watch for a move from him towards some further post within the Premier league. If the stupid Premier league Chairman/Directors of Finance cannot see that, then - more fool them.

As ever, the punters, whether by tv subscription, season tickets or merchandise will pay for it. We are all bloody mugs. Ripped off because of our love for football. As has been mentioned this week, money doesn't just talk, it screams.
His salary was £900k p.a. With bonuses, this rose to £2.5 billion.p.a. So his bonuses were being paid whilst in the job..