Re: Shrews and Mike Flynn

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:What if it's a done deal with Rickets, he tells his mate he's got the job but it won't be announced for a week. His mate tells a few other mates so they all stick fifty quid on Flynny who's price is cut and Rickets goes out to 5/1. Then they all stick £200 on Rickets job done and favourites reversed
If that were the case, I have no doubt it isn't, both would be guilty of conspiracy to defraud.
Unfortunately that is the sort of thing that happens Brendan. Reminds me of the famous story of how the Rosthchilds made their excessive fortune by manipulating the stock market due to some dubious trading over 200 years ago.

People will always be on the lookout for easy ways to make money. The more money you have, the easier it is to get more. Stock markets, bankers, betting companies, they are all at it. They grab it because they can.

I am a small fry better. As long as I keep it that way I won't get sucked in by the big boys. I suppose I am lucky, others aren't. Conspiracy to defraud is a pretty serious thing to throw out there. I am sure that what was suggested didn't happen, no honestly I really do believe it didn't happen that way with the MF bets. Honest.
Hi Mike,

If you reread my post I say I am sure that the scenario put is not accurate.

somerton moss wrote:Looks like Ricketts is joining Shrewsbury according to BBC Shropshire.
Wrexham fans all a gog to find out more. To be honest was hoping it was going to be neither of us in terms of losing our manager. Still think when any manager leaves there should be one months notice. Shrewsbury would have got their arse in gear sooner then, if they are going to plunder another teams manager. The rules as they stand lend itself to cloak and dagger stuff ala #costasheridan. For Wrexham's sake hope it's Ramsey and Coyne the Shrews caretakers to stay til the end of the season.

aberexile wrote:
somerton moss wrote:Looks like Ricketts is joining Shrewsbury according to BBC Shropshire.
Wrexham fans all a gog to find out more. To be honest was hoping it was going to be neither of us in terms of losing our manager. Still think when any manager leaves there should be one months notice. Shrewsbury would have got their arse in gear sooner then, if they are going to plunder another teams manager. The rules as they stand lend itself to cloak and dagger stuff ala #costasheridan. For Wrexham's sake hope it's Ramsey and Coyne the Shrews caretakers to stay til the end of the season.
Agree with that. I’m no apologist for our polydigitally compromised friends but it could derail their season. Fed up with football financial shenanigans.

lowandhard wrote:
aberexile wrote:
Agree with that. I’m no apologist for our polydigitally compromised friends but it could derail their season. Fed up with football financial shenanigans.
Unless Rickett's has signed, a not impossible scenario. Wrexham win this evening and draw Manchester United at home.

Still sure Rickett's will go?

In view of the speculation surrounding the future of our first team manager Sam Ricketts, Wrexham AFC felt it is not appropriate for him to attend this evening's game.

We will seek to clarify Sam's future as Wrexham AFC manager as soon as is possible.

Graham Barrow, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Carl Darlington will take charge of tonight's second round tie.