Re: MOM Colchester

excessbee wrote:Some excellent performances. Pipe was very solid and Franks was superb especially in the second half. However, Amond gets my vote. It's clear that Flynn totally trusts him to go wherever he choses on the pitch. Some of his defensive cover yesterday was outstanding.
Bang on.

excessbee wrote:Some excellent performances. Pipe was very solid and Franks was superb especially in the second half. However, Amond gets my vote. It's clear that Flynn totally trusts him to go wherever he choses on the pitch. Some of his defensive cover yesterday was outstanding.
Totally agree, his work rate sets the standard for the rest of the team to follow. Such a vital player.

Amond was, as most state superb. Special mention for Bakinson. The pass for the second goal was so clever. Easy option would have been to spray out left.

Re Amond's role over the last few games. Seem to remember Tynan dropping back from his original strikers role to become a stand out performer. On a higher lever, so did Kenny Dalgleish.

mike wilks wrote:Whilst there were several excellent individual performances today, Padraig Amond was absolutely the best player on the park today by far, His commitment was absolutely first class, and would be my first objective of a "long term signing"
Top Class "Podge"...... :cheers:

When he signed it was on a two year deal with the option on a third ??? . I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.....Unless MF plans to leave and take him with him the surely the club should activate the extension ASAP, if they haven't already done so that is.