Re: EFL on Quest

penycwm county wrote:
JonD wrote:Do people really pay attention to what Holloway says? I assumed every viewer hits fast forward as soon as he opens his tired old gob.

Your kidding he has the best quotes in football !

https://www.azquotes.com/author/31426-Ian_Holloway
There was a period where he proved entertaining but it feels like an age ago. Besides, given the format of the highlights show it’d be a miracle if any pundit can fit anything but platitudes into his 15 second summary of the previous four games.

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's such a piss-poor programme. Main game they featured was Grimsby v Crawley for no obvious reason, meanwhile County and Colchester contested third in the table in a very good game and all they showed was the two goals. Probably totalling about 20 seconds.

If you were a Crawley or Grimsby fan you would ask questions why the top sides get more ' air time ' than your club...Even though many will see it as a 'pointless fixture ' to start the round up with every club will get an extended feature this season on the programme.
Last year we were almost always one of the last sides they showed , even when we were doing well

While I agree that the studio chatter is pointless I do find that watching back-to-back-to-back highlights somewhat fatiguing. Perhaps if I endured the punditry instead of fast-forwarding it then this would not be an issue.

One unexpected bonus of fast-forwarding is when I overshoot the introduction to games then have a spontaneous game of guess the ground before the commentator pipes up with the answer.

ComeOnCounty wrote:Anyone notice that according to Quest it was our 1st win over Colchester since 1991? Make that 1981.

Also love the fact they insist on calling Stevenage Stevenage Borough, despite the fact they changed their name in 2010
I did spot the 1991 error. Anyone with the vaguest knowledge of County's history would regard that as a far more impressive feat though. :D

Stevenage's nickname is still "Borough" even though they're not called that any more, might have been that.

Tbh I tend to only watch the 30 seconds of County highlights unless I'm very bored and have time to spare, in which case I'll watch the whole of L2 and Portsmouth's game, if they're lucky.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Amberexile wrote:For me they should cut the studio, presenter etc and just show back to back highlights with some decent graphics.
The Vanarama highlights programme on BT, no studio stuff, puts Quest and C5 before it to shame.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a watch