Re: Cheltenham

At least Flynn has realised he made a boob with the starting XI. A little bit unfair to single Cooper out as we were crap and unbalanced all over the park. Tried plan B second half and could’ve / should’ve come away with a respectable draw even then.
First half we played with effectively 4 outfield players - the back 4. Midfield was non existent with no dog / no ball winning ability and no creativity. As a result the front 3 were isolated and did not contribute. Was like the Alamo for long periods.
Cheltenham were poor and we made them look good. Just hump it long to Barnett.
Us playing 3 up top, away especially, is commendable but reckless with a powder puff midfield behind it like today 1st half. Just about understandable if we had a midfield of say Bennett, Crofts and Dolan / Bakinson.
Hopefully today was Coopers last chance saloon. Flynn will be mad to start him again, just not FL standard I’m afraid.
Pring is more of a wide man not a central midfielder. Ok as a pacy wing or left back or left midfield in a 442. Didn’t get into the game today at all.
Hindsight is wonderful but we looked so much better with 3 CBs when OB came on.
Second half was better and I like the look of Crofts - played well.
Pipe the only guy to deserve a mention today - had a great game.
Anyway onto Tuesday - 3 points and back into the top 3 fingers crossed.

Forgot to say that Tozer had a good game not that he had much to worry about for long periods. Was weird watching the swine launching his throws into our box.
Joe did make a howler for their 2nd goal. Dreadful keeping / shot stopping, but he did well with the crosses today and punched well.
And how did their no 7 stay on the field after kicking the ball away while already on a yellow.

As a County fan living in this neck of the woods,and as disappointed as all County Attendees I would disagree with many previous posts! Whilst I was "home" early tonight, I'm sad to say that for most of the game you could reverse league positions....We were outthought, outfought, and overall outplayed for the majority of the game! I agree that the starting line-up was not the correct one irrespective of potential opponents, Flynny got it totally wrong, full stop! We were pressed all over the "park", and were second best in the air from back to front, and were lucky to be only 2 down at the break! The half time changes should have been starters considering the fitness situation, and one bright spot for me was Andrew Crofts on his introduction looked as good as we expected when he originially signed! Even so if Mickeys' spot kick had been successful, in addition to Semenayos' consolation.....In reality we didn't sadly deserve anything.....Nothing Mighty Today Lads Sorry........ :cry:

Move on , shall we ?

We're still 5th , level on points with 3rd

Cheltenham have hit a bit of form , and we had more injury set backs in midfield (Dolan)

Flynny admits that the starting line up was wrong , and all credit to him for owning up to that .
We need a "dirty , holding" midfielder in the side for sure (Cue Labs .....)

We have Northampton at home Tuesday night .
A win there and another result away at Rectum , and we'll be back on track .
Anyone can beat anyone in this League , as I've said before .

Couldn't make it today due to work , but fair play to the 900 odd who did !!! Fantastic support

Onwards n upwards .
CTID

Wonder what the injury problem was with Dolan. Without him and Bennett, Semenyo had to cover for Cooper and Bakinson also spent too much time close to the back four. He's only a threat when collecting the ball ten yards into the opposition half and taking responsibility for taking it forward. Unfortunately for Pring, that was his role yesterday and it, didn't produce anything. I was impressed with Crofts, he seemed to know where to distribute the ball as soon as he got it. Lots of drawn games was of benefit to us yesterday.

Definitely the worst performance (Yeovil apart) I have personally watched of ours all season (season ticket) - the only good to come out of it is that Crofts looks like he’ll be a great ‘addition’ and that hopefully we will never see Cooper in our shirt again.
Let’s try Harris up front and mix it up and Bakinson badly needs to get back to the superb form he showed early doors -
Onwards we roll , Tuesday we can start again.
But for me a ball paying passer in midfield is all I want for xmas. UTC

MF made a boob playing Cooper when Crofts and a below par Sheehan were on the bench.Other errors were,we need a back three in away games plus playing Semenyo as a wide man and pushing Podge back in midfield.Plenty for Flynny to put right for Tuesday.All this proves that he isn't ready for Shrewsbury or anyone else yet.

I think he did play Semenyo as a wide man but Cooper was totally incapable of playing the ball forward to him. It kept going back twenty yards into our half for Pipe to hit it up the pitch to no great effect. This turned midfield possession into a defensive clearance, without Cheltenham actually creating an attacking play. Semenyo then came back behind Cooper and we were one short as an attacking unit.

The foundations for our success this season have been built on a solid 3-5-2 formation which we could and should have started with yesterday. Flynn is correct in saying he got it wrong as it was clear for all to see. Effectively we sacrificed the threat of Butler in his best position as left wing back, to accommodate Charlie Cooper.

Lets give Cheltenham a bit of credit here , they were very good especially first half , cd have been out of sight if they took there chances. Better side on the day by far , although we missed a penalty and late goal we deserved what we got yesterday nothing. Lets go again tuesday night and hope we can pick up 3 points utc