Memorabilia

I'm sure we all have loads of County memorabilia we have accumulated over the years. What are the best bits you have. Mine include:
1) Charlie Griffin's signed and framed match worn shirt from the 2008 FAW Premier cup final against Llanelli.
2) Complete set of home and away programmes from our previous last season in the league 1987/88
3) A small players handbook from 1965/6 signed for by Ken Morgans which was the rules the players had to obey. Oddly the players had to agree not to go greyhound racing on Thursday's.

What does everyone else have? I'm sure we could make a superb museum!!

Re: Memorabilia

Carl Zeiss Jena signed match worn shirt , a signed team photo with me in it, pennants, they signed a white leather football for me too the morning after the game........Blastards....I still gave them stick for the 'smash and grab ' raid they did on us and how much they bunged the ref because that ball was a yard over the line :evil: ( the goal the ref never gave us)...They were staying at the New Inn , Langstone and the manager arranged for me to meet them before and after the game as he knew how much of a fan I was

What year's the Jena shirt from?

My best bit of County memorabilia is (as of a few weeks ago), a matchworn Patrick away shirt from the 1980s.

Anyone with an adidas late 70s/early 80s shirt or a Patrick home shirt from early 80s for sale, drop me a PM.

neilcork68 wrote:from the 18/03/1981 game at Somerton Park
No I wont ever sell to anybody at any price......unless we are talking stupid amounts of money
That is awesome. A holy grail of County tat - an iron curtain football shirt from the early 80s. Incredible. I can't even get hold of the nice adidas shirt Jena had a couple of years ago when they were sponsored by a rock band! :lol: .

My most expensive matchworn cost over £400, I don't pay anything like that for most of them though - nevertheless it just lives in a presentation box with a certificate. :o

Good Morning!

My personal piece of memorabilia is unique to myself and of no monetary value at all.
It is an old school exercise book stolen from Northamptonshire Educational Authority sometime in the 1970’s. It is within this book that the very moment in time that I started supporting Newport County is enshrined.
In blue biro, my Subbeteo success is recorded, Newport County winning the FA Cup against Barrow.
Who would have thought that small event nearly fifty years ago would have had such a huge impact on my life.
So much joy and heartache over the years, a whole surreal community of folk and even some real people I have met and become friends with.
Newport County is now part of my family and not just an eleven year olds football fantasy.., it is real..it makes me laugh..it makes me cry..

...and I love it!

Phil in Northampton

I have a handwritten book containing every match day lineup, scoreline, goalscorers, substitutions, attendance and seasons transfers from 1912 till 1989.

The Official Handbook from 1956-57

A tracksuit top for Newport AFC sponsored by the St Julians Social Club

Byron Anthony's Official Winter Coat with his initials on it.

A orange baby's t-shirt printed with the date worn by my 3 month old son when he came to his 1st Newport County game against Braintree on 9.4.2013

A CV of my success with Newport County on every version of Football Manager since 2007. Including back-to-back-to-back European success of Champions League, Europa league and Champions League, Multiple FA Cups, League Cups and Back to Back Premier League Titles on FM13

JonD wrote:I inherited my bit of memorabilia from my mum. Her first husband was a big County fan and presented her with a leather bound book containing the autographs of the County manager, trainer and squad from our promotion season of 1938-39.
Interesting. I don't have any memorabilia, but, along with the County team who did so well in the FACup against then giants Pompey ('48) I think, that County team was the one that my late dad used to go on about more than any other. He told me how the Second World War interrupted our progress.