Re: Easyfundraising passes 19 grand in FREE commission

supporter wrote:Just a quick update to say the FREE commission figure raised now stands at £19022.63. Usage is slowly increasing and you can see a variety of retailers being used in the buildup to Christmas, also some nice holiday bookings have also been made. Keep it up its FREE and thanks to everyone who has supported this initiative, Andrew Perry.
That's great. i'm a regular user, only a few pennies at a time, but it all adds up. Over what time period has this figure been raised?

I'd say about 5-6 years with the first 2 years seeing close to 7 grand a year which we should have looked to grow. Commission has dropped to an average of £1200 so the first aim is to see if we can gradually grow the commission figure which is going to take time. The way I see it is its part of the fundraising jigsaw to help supplement increased memberships and baramber which are our main income streams, the more people who use it the more we'll make.

I've done a bit of research on this to see how we've done over the last 5 years. In 2014 we appeared to have stopped using this as income had dropped to £281.92. In 2015 we made £701.64, 2016 £1379.31, 2017 £1436.76and so far with the last quarter still to be paid we've made £1094.74 so hopefully this will be the best year for the last 5 years. We seem to be getting a steady flow of sign ups who now appear to be using the shop for a variety of purchases. My tip is to firstly look at your commissions as a collective with a load of other small purchases and to also look over a 12 month period because you'll be surprised how it all adds up and you usually pick up a few larger commissions in this period. This isn't a quick hit to grow again but we can make more money from it. People have asked me to keep on reminding them so that's what I'll do every now and again.

supporter wrote:I've done a bit of research on this to see how we've done over the last 5 years. In 2014 we appeared to have stopped using this as income had dropped to £281.92. In 2015 we made £701.64, 2016 £1379.31, 2017 £1436.76and so far with the last quarter still to be paid we've made £1094.74 so hopefully this will be the best year for the last 5 years. We seem to be getting a steady flow of sign ups who now appear to be using the shop for a variety of purchases. My tip is to firstly look at your commissions as a collective with a load of other small purchases and to also look over a 12 month period because you'll be surprised how it all adds up and you usually pick up a few larger commissions in this period. This isn't a quick hit to grow again but we can make more money from it. People have asked me to keep on reminding them so that's what I'll do every now and again.
And like I have said before, if you book flights, travel, hotels etc. for business please use this - the commissions quickly mount up. You can use this without any risk to any reward programmes your are in and you get to keep your free hotel rooms and other perks. If you know the person at your company that books hotels and corporate travel - have a word.......