Re: If he goes?

Just remember one thing it has often been said by current and past managers that they are only ever 3 games away from being sacked, regarding MF his current achievements will always give call for concern as other clubs look to progress, on a positive not he is under contract so County would command a fee for him to be released, which is one of the better decisions at board level that has been made.

Cornish Exile wrote:
mike wilks wrote:If he does go, then I will be as pissed off as the next man, however,like the next man am equally as pissed off because of the doubt created with regard to the future of our team/club......FFS I wish he would state his intentions if approached ....OK from a selfish perspective I Love Newport County, Like a few thousand more of my compatriots.. Emotive,too F-----g right.......Come Clean Flynny...Shrewsbury or the Mighty Port?
He'd look a bit of an idiot if he said he would like the job and they appointed someone else.
Which is why I mentioned plausible deniability. As in 'I'm concentrating on County, no approach as been made, obviously it's very flattering..........'

Read 'come and get me but I don't want to look a complete dick if you don't.'

lowandhard wrote:If he goes imho , it makes him a dick . Shrewsbury ffs :roll: if he does I hope the f*ckers get relegated

It’s a bigger club in a better league with an increase in his wages and they have their own stadium and much better off field facilities etc.
Why that would make him a dick, if he goes, is beyond me.
He’s worked wonders for us on a small budget , good luck to him whatever he decides

Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:If he goes imho , it makes him a dick . Shrewsbury ffs :roll: if he does I hope the f*ckers get relegated

It’s a bigger club in a better league with an increase in his wages and they have their own stadium and much better off field facilities etc.
He’s worked wonders for us on a small budget , good luck to him whatever he decides
Finish this season well and he’d get a much better move. Also leaving his home town club when we have a great chance of advancement will probably totally derail our season.

lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Finish this season well and he’d get a much better move. Also leaving his home town club when we have a great chance of advancement will probably totally derail our season.

Finish the season poorly and he might not get a chance of a ‘much better move’ though mate. He’s got to do what he feels is right for him and his family, and he owes us nothing. Without him we wouldn’t have a FL team let alone one that some fans think could possibly challenge for promotion.

Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Finish the season poorly and he might not get a chance of a ‘much better move’ though mate. He’s got to do what he feels is right for him and his family, and he owes us nothing. Without him we wouldn’t have a FL team let alone one that some fans think could possibly challenge for promotion.
Maybe you’re right , I just don’t get it why you’d leave at this stage. Perhaps I’m too emotional about it , not everyone is CTID obviously but I just know that I’d never do it.

With the greatest respect, you are never gonna be in the position “to do it or not do it”.

Footballs football - in league terms we are lower than a snakes belly - as said before we are in a much better position now than when we were when he joined.

Shrewsbury may be only a few rungs up in terms of league positions but in club and facility wise they are light years ahead.

flat4 wrote:Just remember one thing it has often been said by current and past managers that they are only ever 3 games away from being sacked, regarding MF his current achievements will always give call for concern as other clubs look to progress, on a positive not he is under contract so County would command a fee for him to be released, which is one of the better decisions at board level that has been made.
Fair play , you are consistent, 3 defeats in 4 and here you are questioning whether he is the right man for the job after complimenting the board on his contract just 33 days ago . Talk about hysteria.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
flat4 wrote:Just remember one thing it has often been said by current and past managers that they are only ever 3 games away from being sacked, regarding MF his current achievements will always give call for concern as other clubs look to progress, on a positive not he is under contract so County would command a fee for him to be released, which is one of the better decisions at board level that has been made.
Fair play , you are consistent, 3 defeats in 4 and here you are questioning whether he is the right man for the job after complimenting the board on his contract just 33 days ago . Talk about hysteria.
Make that 5 from 7 in the league!!