Re: If he goes?

Countymadbell wrote:Really hope you stay Mike as we could be on to something great this season. But if he were to go who would you like to replace him with, any names stand out.

I'd go for stability with a management team of Wayne Hatswell, assisted by Lennie Lawrence and Byron Anthony.

Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny hasn't been approached
I wouldn’t mind betting that his Agent has already had some dialogue with Shrewsbury, and that the official approach will then be coming if terms can be agreed.

However it should be be remembered that Flynn is under contract, and if he won’t close this speculation down, then the Club should publicly say that we are intent on holding him to the agreed terms. End of, particularly as mid season disruption could have a disastrous effect, as the Manager’s defection has the potential to rip the heart and its future prospects out of this Club.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny hasn't been approached
I wouldn’t mind betting that his Agent has already had some dialogue with Shrewsbury, and that the official approach will then be coming if terms can be agreed.

However it should be be remembered that Flynn is under contract, and if he won’t close this speculation down, then the Club should publicly say that we are intent on holding him to the agreed terms. End of, particularly as mid season disruption could have a disastrous effect, as the Manager’s defection has the potential to rip the heart and its future prospects out of this Club.
I agree entirely with your first paragraph.

Your second paragraph hypothesis has two flaws. The first is that any contract can be breached. The remedy in a contract such as this would be invariably financial compensation.

Gavin Foxall agreed the contract on our behalf. Mike Flynn would have been assisted by the League Managers Association and/or the PFA. It is possible that terms in the contract will be so onerous as to dissuade Shrewsbury.

Be honest, who do you think negotiated the better terms?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:It was rumoured that Flynny had been approached by a club prior to Hurst being sacked ..... wouldn’t be surprised if Notts County are also interested?
This is the point.

Flynn has made it clear that he is 'flattered'. For that read up for a move. If not Shrewsbury then there will be plenty of other jobs coming up .

It's not the end of the world. However I still maintain that the real worry is that Shrewsbury seem to any employee a better bet than County.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:It was rumoured that Flynny had been approached by a club prior to Hurst being sacked
Ipswich would have been a very big step up, Paul Lambert got it in the end.
What I meant by my comment was that a club was supposedly interested in Flynn prior to Askey being sacked ! .... ie another club other than Shrewsbury supposedly must have been interested.