Re: If he goes?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Conversely, when "linked" with a job no manager ever says "No thanks, it's not a big enough club for me" even if it would amount to a promotion.
When they're not interested they say nothing.

The fact he says he's flattered doesn't necessarily mean he's interested in the job, could just as well be a nudge to the Board to ensure he gets the funds he is after in the transfer window.
If he said nothing when asked I think that would make people think he was interested even more than him saying he was 'flattered'

(That said, I believe if he isn't even slightly interested in a job which will no doubt pay him more money, with a team with better facilities in a better league, there's something wrong)

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Conversely, when "linked" with a job no manager ever says "No thanks, it's not a big enough club for me" even if it would amount to a promotion.

The fact he says he's flattered doesn't necessarily mean he's interested in the job,
Yes it does.

It doesn't mean he has been offered the job, it doesn't even mean he would take the job.

As for nudging the board, when Micky says jump, Gavin asks "How high".

Edit.

Also ask yourself why is Flynn 5/2 for the Shrewsbury gig but a whopping 25/1 for the Notts County job?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

The fact he says he's flattered doesn't necessarily mean he's interested in the job,
Yes it does.

It doesn't mean he has been offered the job, it doesn't even mean he would take the job.

Edit.

Also ask yourself why is Flynn 5/2 for the Shrewsbury gig but a whopping 25/1 for the Notts County job?
FWIW I’m with Stan on this. The point is neither Flynn nor Ricketts have ruled themselves out, others have.
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... town-post/

I think (and hope) that the prospect of being the man who took County into League One, is the one thing which will keep Mike Flynnl at the County, for the foreseeable future, and that in itself will gain tremendous headlines, and earning power for Mikes own future prospects. The one thing against County's drawing power Is the fact that County as a club, have very little to offer !! We have no ground of our own,or money , the one thing that we do have is our Academy, which do a good job with young players and some good back room staff. So Michael---PLEASE, PLEASE, see the season out, and who knows if we can get into League One maybe THAT will attract big money men to invest in the club..............Come on the Port!!..................Bob Bassett.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes it does.

Edit.

Possibly because two of the heavy favourites for the job fit the criteria of what the Shrewsbury chairman is looking for?

If he goes, he goes. We move on. That’s football for you

If he does go, then I will be as pissed off as the next man, however,like the next man am equally as pissed off because of the doubt created with regard to the future of our team/club......FFS I wish he would state his intentions if approached ....OK from a selfish perspective I Love Newport County, Like a few thousand more of my compatriots.. Emotive,too F-----g right.......Come Clean Flynny...Shrewsbury or the Mighty Port?

mike wilks wrote:If he does go, then I will be as pissed off as the next man, however,like the next man am equally as pissed off because of the doubt created with regard to the future of our team/club......FFS I wish he would state his intentions if approached ....OK from a selfish perspective I Love Newport County, Like a few thousand more of my compatriots.. Emotive,too F-----g right.......Come Clean Flynny...Shrewsbury or the Mighty Port?
He'd look a bit of an idiot if he said he would like the job and they appointed someone else.

Countymadbell wrote:Shrewsbury doing mighty fine under their caretaker manager winning tonight and won last two games I think. Will they give them the job?
Danny Coyne is their goalkeeping coach and has made it clear that he doesn't want the job on a permanent basis, despite being the players' choice.

Cornish Exile wrote:
mike wilks wrote:If he does go, then I will be as pissed off as the next man, however,like the next man am equally as pissed off because of the doubt created with regard to the future of our team/club......FFS I wish he would state his intentions if approached ....OK from a selfish perspective I Love Newport County, Like a few thousand more of my compatriots.. Emotive,too F-----g right.......Come Clean Flynny...Shrewsbury or the Mighty Port?
He'd look a bit of an idiot if he said he would like the job and they appointed someone else.
Just an opinion Cornish.....