Re: Crofts is now.... FIT

Corpaboy wrote:Good news !
Let's hope Brizzle don't recall Bakinson in January .
That midfield could be superb with all of them available
Agree with you.What surprises me is MF still talking up needing money in the January window.Unless any or all the Bristol lads or Harris go back,I can't see where he can strengthen.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Good news !
Let's hope Brizzle don't recall Bakinson in January .
That midfield could be superb with all of them available
Agree with you.What surprises me is MF still talking up needing money in the January window.Unless any or all the Bristol lads or Harris go back,I can't see where he can strengthen.
I think overall we are in excellent shape but I think we could still do with another Centre Half if we want to play 3 at the back. Mickey, MOB (who doesn't have a great injury record), Franks and Bennett (who is going to be out a while). And in the absence of Crofts (also bad injury record so far) Bennett is our holding midfielder an extra body there would be beneficial for the run in.

We are third in the league and Crofts contribution to date has been almost zero.
Having a [fit] Crofts returning to the side is the equivalent of signing an international player with no additional impact on the playing budget.
If we can keep the better loan players and perhaps sign one additional defender, we are in a strong position for the rest of the season.

Percy plunkett wrote:I can't imagine MF wouldn't want to keep all four.The question is do Bristol and Cardiff want them back to play or to loan them to a L1 club for more experience.
Why wouldn't Flynn want to keep them? Each has had a positive impact on our performances. Better the devil you know. It could surely be argued that we are, in part, in our high league standing because of the quality they have brought. I'd be expecting Bristol City to see a League One loan as something for next season, on the back of a positive experience and outcome in League Two.

excessbee wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I can't imagine MF wouldn't want to keep all four.The question is do Bristol and Cardiff want them back to play or to loan them to a L1 club for more experience.
Why wouldn't Flynn want to keep them? Each has had a positive impact on our performances. Better the devil you know. It could surely be argued that we are, in part, in our high league standing because of the quality they have brought. I'd be expecting Bristol City to see a League One loan as something for next season, on the back of a positive experience and outcome in League Two.
I agree . I don't think they would get as much game time at a League 1 side anyway . Far better staying with us to gain experience . They all seem to be contributing and enjoying their time here . Why up-root them mid season ?

Here's a thought ....
If we DO go up , that then makes us a League 1 side !!! ........ I know ..... scary ain't it !? :shock: