I cant help wondering............

With County having had an up and down season with good and bad results , The Yeovil hammering at Rodney Parade was a strange result to put it mildly, and just does'nt seem acceptable and I wonder why ?? It was just about that time when I remember reading a piece in the paper asking "now that County are in the top places in League Two,will the players get the bonus payments for being in the top places............? Then having witnessed that 0-6 hammering it IS a question that keeps surfacing. Having supported County since 1950 I must say THAT result is hard to accept, particularly with the money swamping the modern game, and as I say,--- I cant help wondering...............................Bob Bassett..

Re: I cant help wondering............

BertieB wrote:Thank you that last person, I dont believe the players would either, but that Yeovil game was such a diabolical performance, I still find it hard to believe the result-------.Lets hope that we get a good result tomorrow evening.
Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett
Similar to the 6 - 1 hammering at Plymouth, which also turned out to be a one off freak result.

Cornish Exile wrote:
BertieB wrote:Thank you that last person, I dont believe the players would either, but that Yeovil game was such a diabolical performance, I still find it hard to believe the result-------.Lets hope that we get a good result tomorrow evening.
Similar to the 6 - 1 hammering at Plymouth, which also turned out to be a one off freak result.
Can never ever remember feeling as low as I did walking back to my car, as I did after that game .... and I’ve witnessed some bollockings over the years !!

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Can never ever remember feeling as low as I did walking back to my car, as I did after that game .... and I’ve witnessed some bollockings over the years !!

The Plymouth game? I thought it was an excellent game & a great atmosphere. Fair play to Plymouth they were something else and at least we got to see Williams’s quality goal.

Cornish Exile wrote:
I suppose every defeat is a one off.

Corpaboy wrote:So ...... what are you wondering now , Bert ?
Like me I expect, where did all that time go? :?

Seriously though, if you’ve played you know that sometimes on the day, contrary to form, the normally inferior side is just more “ up for it “ than you and better on the day. Shit happens and the more you chase it then the worse it gets. You just have to suck it up.