Re: Michael Flynn's Amber Army

You could be onto something here. I remember when I thought about changing jobs about ten years ago, doubling my pay in the process, a few of my colleagues sang "Please Don't Go" by No Mercy at my desk. I was moved to tears and immediately cancelled my plans; the medium of music can be so powerful on occasions.

I’d prefer something a little more classical , perhaps an unfinished symphony say Schubert or Beethoven or even Bruckner :grin: because Flynny’s job is far from finished here imho. I can only say what I would do and I definitely would not go to Shrewsbury unless they were talking telephone numbers ( which it won’t be ). I hate clubs like them that change managers like we change a shirt, he won’t get the same patience there if he gets a bad run like he would have here - and that’s a certainty. If I was him I’d think of Holdsworth and Edinburgh as examples.

This could become like the fish thread about 2 years ago. So : ' Breaking up is hard to do' - Neil Sedaka and the cheesiest: ' Michael row the boat ashore ' - The Highwaymen'
Seriously though: we've had some great songs in the past sending obvious messages: ' The boys are back in town' whe we returned to Newport after the Gloucester exile and beat Redditch 4 -0.

newgroundrodney wrote:
allontheamber wrote:If someone had offered to double my salary when I was still working, they could have wheeled out the entire bloody London Philharmonic and thrown in the Westminster Abbey Choir for good measure and I still would have been off.
Are they doubling his salary then? Brilliant move for him if that's the case.

Saw the reference to x2 salary on Facebook but I commented on the Messageboard. Sorry for the confusion.