Re: Last nights Ref

Don't think he gets much choice with the regulations about 'head injuries' these days. The player made sure he took his time to 'recover'. The referee's assessor will have given him full marks. The only way it will stop is to allow treatment on the field while play continues.

excessbee wrote:Don't think he gets much choice with the regulations about 'head injuries' these days. The player made sure he took his time to 'recover'. The referee's assessor will have given him full marks. The only way it will stop is to allow treatment on the field while play continues.
Agreed, if they can manage this in Rugby games, why not?

I thought the ref had an indifferent game last night and one of his officials was worse. 4th official didn't really do his job either - MF should arguably have been sent to the stands for constantly haranguing the lino and leaving hus technical area.

As a team of officials they were worse than the sum of their parts, a clear County throw-in in 1st half which obviously touched a Northampton player last before hitting the 4th official's leg (he was on the pitch whilst the ball was in play)..... instead of flagging the correct way the lino simlly followed the ref's wrong decision. Little things like this wind up the coach, players and fans and makes the game harder to officiate. Also agree with the above comment RE inconsistent treatment of the 2 head injury incidents.

5/10 for the ref from me.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Also, the ref gave just 2 free kicks all night for pushing or holding. The game was riddled with clumsy hands-on defending from both sides and he let it all go
I like that I don't want to hear a Refs whistle all game as long as he's consistent which he was

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Also, the ref gave just 2 free kicks all night for pushing or holding. The game was riddled with clumsy hands-on defending from both sides and he let it all go
I like that I don't want to hear a Refs whistle all game as long as he's consistent which he was
I get your point, whistle-happy refs ruin the game. But generally the more of this holding the ref ignores the harder he makes it for himself if he has to make a penalty decision in the area. Rules of the game don't allow any holding, pushing etc. League 2 is bad for it as the defenders generally aren't quick or good enough to mark tight and win the ball without fouling.

Pretty sure head injuries (as well as injuries where the opposing player has been carded) no longer require the player to leave the field after treatment, so he'll be marked down for that.

God knows what the lino was doing for the throw when County conceded though.

I didn't think the shoving was all that bad off the ball tbh, though if we get him for Lincoln away we're doomed.

Ref also missed a handball in our area (by Pipe I think). He miscounted & put the Noton wall back only 8 yards for the free kick over by their fans towards the end. He also only played 90 secs of first half stoppage time when the 4th official indicated a min of 3mins.

Lots of little things will have counted towards a poor report from his assessor methinks. To his credit though he managed the players well and seemed to have some banter with them. Just forgot to use his assistants effectively.