Re: Crofts - Like a new top signing

lowandhard wrote:At last a decent thread that talks a lot of sense. I was criticised after the Northampton match recently when I was moaning about the midfield after a match that we’d won. The annoyance for me is that all season often our midfield has gone awol putting too much stress on the defenders and the whole team drops deeper and deeper. We could easily have thrown games away by allowing waves of attacking that should have been nipped in the bud earlier.
Let’s hope the return of Crofts and Labadie turns things around and then with Bakinson, Sheehan and Dolan et al we , at least on paper, have an embarrassment of riches. Let’s hope it turns out that way but I still wouldn’t say no to Byrner returning! :grin:
Byrne hasn't missed a match at Gillingham this season. He's probably the first name on the team-sheet.

Cornish Exile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:At last a decent thread that talks a lot of sense. I was criticised after the Northampton match recently when I was moaning about the midfield after a match that we’d won. The annoyance for me is that all season often our midfield has gone awol putting too much stress on the defenders and the whole team drops deeper and deeper. We could easily have thrown games away by allowing waves of attacking that should have been nipped in the bud earlier.
Let’s hope the return of Crofts and Labadie turns things around and then with Bakinson, Sheehan and Dolan et al we , at least on paper, have an embarrassment of riches. Let’s hope it turns out that way but I still wouldn’t say no to Byrner returning! :grin:
Byrne hasn't missed a match at Gillingham this season. He's probably the first name on the team-sheet.
Didn’t know that, much as he was for us then. So much for that wish then, great little player.

lowandhard wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Didn’t know that, much as he was for us then. So much for that wish then, great little player.
Agree that on paper an embarrassment of riches, add Willmott, Marsh-brown, Bennett and dare I say Cooper, or even Pring to the five already mentioned, makes a total of potentially 10 midfielders? But given some have yet to return to fitness, and with 8 matches to be played in the next month, probably on increasingly heavier pitches, i expect we will be needing everyone of them.