Re: So, is he staying?

I think (and hope) that Mike Flynn does go on to have a great managereal career, eventually at the highest level, similarly to Tony Pulis, but before he leaves County I hope that starting from now, he has realized that he IS in the perfect position to become a LEGEND in his own home town and that is to be the first home town manager to get County promoted and make a lot of money for our club by getting a good FA cup run starting tomorrow in North Wales At this moment Justiin Edinburgh is THE man who led County out at Wembley, the home of British Football. I am 80 years old and I must say that in 59 years of following Newport County did I ever think I would see County play at Wembley not once, but TWICE. I would love to see Mice Flynn gain that type of fame and legend.
Mike stay long enough to see the outcome of all your work and preparations as boss of your hometown team---Newport County.
Come on the Port !!....................Bob Bassett

Re: So, is he staying?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Barnabas wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote: It begs the question that if you have transfer windows for players , then why not for managers.
The trouble is managers would then demand that they could only be sacked at a transfer window. Imagine if we had had to wait until the next window to sack Butcher or Feeney or Westley :?
That is an extremely good point, discrete from mine, which had not occurred to me.
There could/should be no issue sacking a manager outside any window for performance-related issues (or gross "whatever" issues). You'd just have to appoint from within the club until the window opened or be free to employ from the large pool of unemployed managers (you would need an unemployment cooling-off period of, say, 2 months before being eligible to be employed) rather than taking from the pool of employed managers, for which there could also be punitive disincentives to do so.

Can't see it happening, though.