Midfield

Am I correct in thinking that Dolan, Wilmott and Bennett are all out with hamstrings so it’ll be some weeks before they return. Labadie was said to be 3 or 4 weeks away , about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Has anybody watched training or are otherwise “ in the know “ about how far away he in fact is, to being ready.

Re: Midfield

excessbee wrote:Well, Dolan and Willmott walked around the pitch before the game on Tuesday and it was Dolan who didn't seem to be walking as comfortably. No reason to discard Sheehan, a vote of confidence will do him the world of good, he deserves it.
Are we forgetting Marsh Brown? What's his current position?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:Well, Dolan and Willmott walked around the pitch before the game on Tuesday and it was Dolan who didn't seem to be walking as comfortably. No reason to discard Sheehan, a vote of confidence will do him the world of good, he deserves it.
Left wing isn't it :grin:

daftasfxxx wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Left wing isn't it :grin:
Like it :lol:
Although more akin to left back ( inside the dressing room) of late

Again our midfield is proving to me that we are not good enough to go up certainly automatically.
Sheehan, Bakinson, are not playing well enough and being exposed in midfield.
Next game would start with Labadie, Dolan and Bennett adding a good mix of offensive and defensive. Don't get me wrong Bakinson has talent but lately he has gone missing and Sheehan is becoming a liability.
This is an area where we have to strengthen in January and with Crofts injury who knows he might be out for months.
In midfield you have to be like ' Mad Dogs ' a Mourinho quote and he is right chase, chase, press, press and hound the opposition we need these type of players.

somerton moss wrote:Again our midfield is proving to me that we are not good enough to go up certainly automatically.
Next game would start with Labadie, Dolan and Bennett adding a good mix of offensive and defensive. Don't get me wrong Bakinson has talent but lately he has gone missing and Sheehan is becoming a liability.
This is an area where we have to strengthen in January and with Crofts injury who knows he might be out for months.
In midfield you have to be like ' Mad Dogs ' a Mourinho quote and he is right chase, chase, press, press and hound the opposition we need these type of players.

We have need these type players for many seasons , not just this season.....We had Bryne but he was on his own......Labadie but nobody else last season...
IMO you need two 'dogs' to do the work and one 'flair' player in a midfield three , like most teams seem to have we face

somerton moss wrote:Again our midfield is proving to me that we are not good enough to go up certainly automatically.
This time of year is when "Tank" used to be at his most effective. Not that I'm suggesting we should sign him up. :grin: Heaven knows how slow he is now and how late his "tackles" would be. :grin:

To be fair midfield is the area where most of the injuries have occurred lately so County aren't able to select from a position of strength. But the players currently starting there are struggling - Crofts looked great against Northampton but poor since, Bakinson has no consistency of performance not only from game to game but throughout each game and Sheehan has never really come back to anything like he was pre-injury (which was a long time ago). Hopefully Labs will soon be able to play full games again and that should help but we need players in midfield that are strong in the tackle, keep hold of the ball and create chances for the strikers, none of which is happening currently...