Re: SHREWSBURY fan numbers compared to us....

Exile 1976 wrote:Genuinely think that one of the problems is that Newport has a big ethnic population but look around the ground when you’re next at Rodders, it’s 99.9% white people.
It’s strange as other clubs seem to attract black/Asian fans but we don’t, I’ve always wondered why that is.
Anyone?
That's a very good observation. Until you pointed it out it never occurred to me. Not that I have any insight as to why. Are there any black/Asian boys in the academy teams?

Re: SHREWSBURY fan numbers compared to us....

Exile 1976 wrote:Genuinely think that one of the problems is that Newport has a big ethnic population but look around the ground when you’re next at Rodders, it’s 99.9% white people.
It’s strange as other clubs seem to attract black/Asian fans but we don’t, I’ve always wondered why that is.
Anyone?
Newport, according to the 2011 census is 89.9% white, while I accept that number may have changed considerably since then, the fact that 90% of county fans appear to be white would reflect the general population. That and the fact that since football began it has been the game of white working class men and has always been more popular with that demographic than any other would probably account for it. I doubt our attraction for non-white members of the community differs much from other clubs, if it does it should be addressed as you said.