Re: Exiles Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

County-at-the-races wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:The shot when Wrexham hit the bar he was a long way offside.
On the grand scale of things it was offside, but the way they went through us to get to that position was scary stuff, likewise the off the line save, likewise the pinball deflections within a few feet of the goal that finally got smashed away.

Overall we were lucky we escape that
Having slept on it both of you are absolutely right, indeed every criticism of County last night is correct but......

Wrexham away was a tough draw, before the game we would have settled for a 0-0. Also notwithstanding Michael's post of now the whole world knows we're shite, I shouldn't worry. Any neutral watching that turned over after five minutes.

Truly awful performance.
98 minutes of hoof ball
Got up after whistle and deleted the crap excuse for football.
On National TV for goodness sake
Wrexham were next to useless but County indescribable and shameful
Really needed a wide player, Robbie or Cameron.
Even me!!

Joe 7 Kept us in the game
Dan 6 Small ray of sunshine
Micky 5 Gave it a go why all the long throw ins again clearly Flynny has run out of ideas
Franks 4 Poor game
O'Brien 3 distribution abysmal
Bakinson 2 Total disgrace
Pipey 5 For the effort but pretty uselss unfortunately.
Sheehan 3 Useless
Crofts 5 One man midfield
Matt 3 Useless last night
Padraig 4 worst game for County I have seen him play.

Long hoof ball didn't help.

Flynny 3 would of been 2 but he put Semenyo on albeit too late.

Even Cooper would of been better than the other 2 jokes last night.

Just my opinion

On TV for ffs.

Exile 1976 wrote:“Non league and League 2 football match in not very good game shocker”

Exactly, I just do not understand the hysteria over a poor performance. Do people realise we have got half a dozen out injured.

The Wrexham supporters are full of plaudits over how well they played, so people need to get some perspective. They were excellent and we were awful but yet we are both in the hat and it speaks volumes for the spirit in our squad.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:“Non league and League 2 football match in not very good game shocker”

Exactly, I just do not understand the hysteria over a poor performance. Do people realise we have got half a dozen out injured.

The Wrexham supporters are full of plaudits over how well they played, so people need to get some perspective. They were excellent and we were awful but yet we are both in the hat and it speaks volumes for the spirit in our squad.
Totally agree, my feeling on seeing the draw was “ f*ck , that’s a tough one “. Surprise, surprise that’s what it was. It was entirely predictable that they would be well up for it, grudges and all that and I can also imagine that their stand-in manager said “ get out there and prove to Ricketts that he’s made a mistake “. We were on a hiding to nothing and I’m pleased with that result and would have taken that before the game. Good, we’ve got a replay ; if Wrexham beat us here then war y teg , good for them, I’ll be upset but they’ll probably have deserved it. Let’s hope we’ve got some of the sick list back on duty soon eh?

Alan G Bryant wrote:

In the immortal words of Del Boy
"What a plonker"
Mr Bryant its the same side Exactly that beat Northampton 3-1
Any resemblance though is zero.
Apart from Robbie there was nobody that could make a difference missing

Forget Labs until he actually kicks a ball again and if ever he gets fit Labs.

Best laugh of the day
"Speaks volumes for the spirit in the squad"

II agree it does but for the opposite reason to you Sir

Of course we will all take a draw but its the way we got it.
Realise you cannot understand that!

Finally on a tangent your comments on Byron are they an official board statement or Unofficial this time.?

Still laughing :grin:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

In the immortal words of Del Boy
"What a plonker"
Mr Bryant its the same side Exactly that beat Northampton 3-1
Any resemblance though is zero.
Apart from Robbie there was nobody that could make a difference missing

Forget Labs until he actually kicks a ball again and if ever he gets fit Labs.

Best laugh of the day
"Speaks volumes for the spirit in the squad"

II agree it does but for the opposite reason to you Sir

Of course we will all take a draw but its the way we got it.
Realise you cannot understand that!

Finally on a tangent your comments on Byron are they an official board statement or Unofficial this time.?

Still laughing :grin:

Harps, understand that you support Newport County, a league 2 side that will, as they all do in this League, have a lot of bad days at the office. Stop hissy fitting just because we played poorly (yet still got a draw away to a rival who will have been busting to cause an upset)

Alan G Bryant wrote:

It's not hysteria. It's just people commenting on what they saw. Last night we were total shit. We know it, Flynn know's it, and I daresay the team know it. If people were to be calling for Flynn's resignation or that O'Brien and Amond have their contracts terminated with immediate effect that would be hysteria.

Alan mate, if you want to be taken seriously you're going to have to stop shouting 'hysteria' every time a poster on here posts something not entirely complementary about Newport County.