Re: Word Up

The half-time interview on BT Sport suggested he was on the verge of a playing return and certainly some time during a less important game such as the mickey-mouse cup v Cheltenham would seem sensible.

But 20 minutes? Couldn't 20 minutes be achieved be achieved in a full-blooded training match. I'm an advocate for starting a playing return with 45 minutes from the off. The 20 minute cameo usually means coming on at 70 minutes which can backfire if the player doesn't last the time. The Manager can find himself reluctant to play all three substitutes in case the returnee needs to come off early.
At least as a starter he'd be the first substituted (at half-time) giving the manager the potential for his full compliment of subs...

wattsville_boy wrote:The half-time interview on BT Sport suggested he was on the verge of a playing return and certainly some time during a less important game such as the mickey-mouse cup v Cheltenham would seem sensible.

But 20 minutes? Couldn't 20 minutes be achieved be achieved in a full-blooded training match. I'm an advocate for starting a playing return with 45 minutes from the off. The 20 minute cameo usually means coming on at 70 minutes which can backfire if the player doesn't last the time. The Manager can find himself reluctant to play all three substitutes in case the returnee needs to come off early.
At least as a starter he'd be the first substituted (at half-time) giving the manager the potential for his full compliment of subs...
Would agree with that. Despite the financial benefit of winning Tuesday night (Cheltenham) with lots of important league games this month plus the FA cup reply, should we be 'resting' as many first choice players as possible. Given the lack of fit numbers available this will inevitably mean starting with a number of academy boys, and I would of thought someone with Labadies experience valuable in starting the game (if fit enough). Hoping that Dolan will be able to get some game time also. What team are Cheltenham likely to put out? Would have thought League safety will be their priority also.

Labadie Back Tuesday

Interesting to see Joss being interviewed pitchside at Wrexham, and saying he hopes to 'get 20 minutes at Cheltenham'.

With the amount of time he has been out, I would start him, even if just for 20 minutes, so he can do the full warm up and not sit idle for most of the game on a cold, wet, miserable night, and possibly come on cold, with who knows what the score is. Agree?

Percy plunkett wrote:MF could rest Day,Butler,Franks,Bakinson,Matt and Amond.Play Townsend,Pring,Foulston,Labs,Harris and Semenyo.Still a strong lineup with a good chance of winning.
i would consider resting pipe,if only in consideration of his age, and he seems to have played every minute for several games now. The problem being of course who to replace him with as Forbes is apparantly unfit.