Re: Hoofball

Why can't the non injured professional football players out on the pitch, wearing our colours, put just a few passes together? (I think Norm's questions are valid and to close ranks and defend our last few performances doesn't help understand our inability to get control of the football)[/quote]

Spot on.

At one point in the second half BT flashed up the respective passing records of the two sides. Wrexham had made almost twice the passes we had and had a 60% completion rate compared to our 50% (of very little). Certainly they were more used to exploiting the width of the pitch.

Without seeking to condone his performance, Bakinson received about two passes in the whole of the first half and most of what passed for our attacks were down our left flank with hoof ball hoping to find Matt who was sweating after 15 minutes trying to reach them. Sheehan was drawn out wide in support of Butler. Pipe was more adventurous in the second half with the introduction of Semenyo. Crofts was hardly playing in midfield because Wrexham were able to press us back at will. Their poor finishing and our experienced back three plus Day got us over the line.

On a more positive note, Norm, let's hope we get an away tie with Christian Jolley's Woking next up and enjoy a bevy in the Sovereign, where I was first introduced to you in a blizzard one dark night when County were just non league journeymen.

I can't help thinking we must have had several out there who were less than 100 per cent fit but it was kept under wraps.

Most recent game I've been to was Colchester who had better players than Wrexham in every position and substantially the same County side beat them with a bit to spare.

Cornish Exile wrote:Surely the sign of a successful side is to get a result whilst playing poorly.
Yes , thats very true!!,............................. be it win, lose, or draw !...only joking, seriously you are dead right !!
Come on the Port!1.........Bob Bassett