Re: Leicester at Home

Blackandamber wrote:
BertieB wrote:A great draw, THAT is County's incentive to "put Wrexham "in their place"------- just as we did at Wembley"---- So come on the Newport public, get off your arses and come and support the club---- Its another way to boost the Counties bank account if we succeed in the 2nd Round replay.........................Come on the Port !!..........................Bob Bassett
Yes Bob thanks for getting the thread back to the title subject. It is a great draw, but only if we win the replay. Remember Yate, and more recently Plymouth. What a disappointment the latter was. Drawn away to Liverpool , but then we lost the replay.
Only slightly off thread; If the reply is level after 90 mins does it go to extra time or straight to pens? Hoping for a large enough attendence to make a profit on the night anyway, even if the unpalatable happens.

I think this tie would be the equivalent of Leeds at home last season .
A 7k capacity should be plenty and I think if we can repeat the Spurs home performance from last season , it's a game we could win . We are then getting into the dizzy height of Round 4 and the REAL big boys .

Oh , hang on ...... we've got to beat Rectum first ........
back in the room , Corpaboy !
UTC

Corpaboy wrote:I think this tie would be the equivalent of Leeds at home last season .
A 7k capacity should be plenty and I think if we can repeat the Spurs home performance from last season , it's a game we could win . We are then getting into the dizzy height of Round 4 and the REAL big boys .

Oh , hang on ...... we've got to beat Rectum first ........
back in the room , Corpaboy !
UTC
I know we are understandably getting ahead of ourselves looking at the potential Leicester game, but wouldn't it be more equivalent to the Spurs match, afterall they are recent premiership winners. I'm therefore thinking of the possibility of the temporary stand again, pushing the capacity to almost 10,000 again. Having said that is there much profit to be made from doing so given the hiring and extra stewarding costs etc?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: I know we are understandably getting ahead of ourselves looking at the potential Leicester game, but wouldn't it be more equivalent to the Spurs match, afterall they are recent premiership winners. I'm therefore thinking of the possibility of the temporary stand again, pushing the capacity to almost 10,000 again. Having said that is there much profit to be made from doing so given the hiring and extra stewarding costs etc?
I think the difference is that Leicester are far less well-supported than Spurs. You see kids walking around Newport and Cardiff in Spurs shirts all the time - I don't think I've ever seen one in a Leicester shirt! So there'd be less general interest from the Newport public in our opponents, which is a big factor. Leeds in that sense is probably a fair comparison.

I was surprised against Spurs that we spent the extra bunce on temporary stands etc, as the profit from doing so was minimal. However, it was made worth it by the extra few thousand fans who came to see such a rare and special moment in our history. I'd be surprised if we did it for Leicester given that they are a lower-profile team than Spurs (despite their heroics a few seasons back).

So I'd say that RP will be close to (but perhaps not quite) a sellout v Leicester. We'll make a good few quid from ticket sales and merch, and possibly a bit more from TV coverage etc, but let's save the extra seating etc until we draw Liverpool in Round 4. :bounce:

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:In the end didn't demand for Spurs roughly balance supply? I reckon demand for Leicester - fingers crossed - would roughly balance basic capacity.
Exactly so, my dear old thing.
Having read your opinions, i accept you are probably correct. Lets just hope the hypothetical is turned into a reality.

George Street-Bridge wrote:In the end didn't demand for Spurs roughly balance supply? I reckon demand for Leicester - fingers crossed - would roughly balance basic capacity.
That's the way I see it and the point I was making .
Still .... let's get shot of The Goggs first , eh ?