Re: Can I start Grandstand as I leap into action this Sat Mo

Real game of 2 halves dictated by a strong wind . Swindon on top first half but we dominated the second. Got caught on a counter attack. Relied on Mickeys throws but in fairness they did cause them trouble with the wind. Little between the teams, draw fair result.
Labs looks the biz. Good to have Benno back. Disappointing but not end of the world.
Talking to Swindon fans on way out and they were thrilled by their performance.
Sid Nelson played well - been on the roids.
In to Rectum. Need the cash, big big game.

mad norm wrote:Purely a general question.....What makes the difference between away form and home form?? Apart from psychological what other aspects influence results/performances? Interested to hear any ideas
This is a point i have often wondered myself; as to why home teams by and large have far more success than away teams. Can home support or greater familiarisation with the pitch and conditions have an affect, or is its the psychology of the players? The effect of travelling? There must be an explanation, but after contemplating it over many, many years i have come to the conclusion that I have no idea.!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
mad norm wrote:Purely a general question.....What makes the difference between away form and home form?? Apart from psychological what other aspects influence results/performances? Interested to hear any ideas
This is a point i have often wondered myself; as to why home teams by and large have far more success than away teams. Can home support or greater familiarisation with the pitch and conditions have an affect, or is its the psychology of the players? The effect of travelling? There must be an explanation, but after contemplating it over many, many years i have come to the conclusion that I have no idea.!
It's a combination of most, if not all, of the factors mentioned.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
I very much doubt the home support lifted the Swindon players today. V quiet.

Cornish Exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Time for a few beers before I look at the table tomorrow morning. Oh dear.
Still in a play-off place and only 3 points off an automatic spot.

As Corporal Jones would say, "Don't panic".
You are right of course Cornish E. I've had a few beers and saw the table on Sky Sports earlier (6th), not too bad.

I should know better at my age but I wish I didn't get too disappointed when County lose.

By all accounts from what I have read our second half performance was good. Feeling confident for Wrexham now.

mad norm wrote:
allontheamber wrote:From an FA Cup perspective it was a good result today.
Flynny always seems to get a good performance out of the team following a loss.
Feeling good about Wrexham now, bring it on.
"I'll take what you're having" (To quote a certain well-known film which I've forgotten the name of)!

Got to agree with Norm ,,, have you seen us play recently ? Apart from Northampton we have been the weaker team in quite a few games , and I even include the Met Police game in that.
Confident for Tuesday ? NOT ME

Its ok to say that if we play like we did against Northampton first half we could win but we dont seem able to produce that performance often enough..Even two non league sides have been better than us recently.

neilcork68 wrote:
mad norm wrote:
allontheamber wrote:From an FA Cup perspective it was a good result today.
Flynny always seems to get a good performance out of the team following a loss.
Feeling good about Wrexham now, bring it on.
"I'll take what you're having" (To quote a certain well-known film which I've forgotten the name of)!

Got to agree with Norm ,,, have you seen us play recently ? Apart from Northampton we have been the weaker team in quite a few games , and I even include the Met Police game in that.
Confident for Tuesday ? NOT ME

Its ok to say that if we play like we did against Northampton first half we could win but we dont seem able to produce that performance often enough..Even two non league sides have been better than us recently.

We played well second half today mate. I think we deserved a draw but it wasn’t to be. Tuesday is huge with the potential ‘money spinner’ against Leicester. Looking forward to it