Change the record MF

Before the usual suspects think I am being negative am I the only one worried that MF keeps coming out with the same excuses after losses but worry that he seems to not have the answer to the problem ?
Again today he comes out with ''we weren't anywhere near where we should be'' and ''to concede a goal after 64 seconds is inexcusable''. this isn't the first time he has had to come out after games with these excuses...Why and what is he doing about changing it ????...........
Or can't he change it ??????

Today we were poor far the first half and better after the break once the weather conditions changed to our favour and after the half time bollocking he must have given the team . How many time this season have we heard this ?????
As I have always stated on here , I can handle losing to a better side when we give 100% but why cant he seem to motivate / organise the side to start playing from the first whistle ???? Today we were 1 down in a minute and could / should have been a few down by half time. We come out in the second half and prove we could match , even better the opposition in a game but we keep letting ourselves down by giving the opposition a head start...Why is this ?????

Re: Change the record MF

They’re not excuses though Neil, he’s pointing out we weren’t where we should have been, that’s not an excuse, he’s simply saying it as it is.
We’ve conceded early goals, we’ve scored early goals, we’ve conceded late goals, we’ve scored late goals, we’ve played great football, we’ve played dire football . It’s how most teams are down the lower leagues mate.

Exile 1976 wrote:They’re not excuses though Neil, he’s pointing out we weren’t where we should have been, that’s not an excuse, he’s simply saying it as it is.
We’ve conceded early goals, we’ve scored early goals, we’ve conceded late goals, we’ve scored late goals, we’ve played great football, we’ve played dire football . It’s how most teams are down the lower leagues mate.
I would say all the above are facts rather than opinions.
My opinion is if we play up to our potential more consistently we can still finish in the top 7. But I believe there are at least ten other teams this will also apply to.

Exile 1976 wrote:They’re not excuses though Neil, he’s pointing out we weren’t where we should have been, that’s not an excuse, he’s simply saying it as it is.
I would say all the above are facts rather than opinions.
My opinion is if we play up to our potential more consistently we can still finish in the top 7. But I believe there are at least ten other teams this will also apply to.

I agree with Corky to a certain degree. It's fine to come out with excuses for losses but he shouldn't be able to hide from certain facts, County have conceded 34 goals in 21 league games, which is the equal 4th worst in the league. Many of these goals bear a surprising similarity to each other. What exactly is being done to stop the side from "gifting" the opposition goals? He sometimes changes the formation and sometimes shuffles the pack but still the defence concede unnecessary goals. When is Flynn and his coaches going to get a grip on sloppy goals conceded?

Like all managers, Mike Flynn is expected by the media to supply a reasoned analysis of his team's performance immediately after the final whistle. This, in my opinion, is quite wrong.

Manager's should be allowed time to properly collect their thoughts following the euphoria or disappointment of the result.

Cornish Exile wrote:Like all managers, Mike Flynn is expected by the media to supply a reasoned analysis of his team's performance immediately after the final whistle. This, in my opinion, is quite wrong.

Manager's should be allowed time to properly collect their thoughts following the euphoria or disappointment of the result.
He could have summed up today as a game ruined by the conditions. But added that County could have played the conditions better than they did. That would have been a concise comment on the game, he wouldn't have been criticising his players (which so many Managers are loathe to do) and I doubt many would complain about his comments...

Whilst Flynn has plenty of credit in the bank, my worry is that he is conflicted as to what works best for our squad.

Admittedly injuries have been a hindrance but we started at Cheltenham with a back 4 and switched at halftime to a back 3/5, yet today we start with a back 3/5 and after 30 minutes we switch to a back 4. It must be confusing for the players.

My personal view is that we are better with a back 3/5 and should only switch to 4 at the back if we are losing with 20 minutes to go.

In saying this , we should never have lost today and we are not far away from being a great side.

neilcork68 wrote:Before the usual suspects think I am being negative am I the only one worried that MF keeps coming out with the same excuses after losses but worry that he seems to not have the answer to the problem ?
Again today he comes out with ''we weren't anywhere near where we should be'' and ''to concede a goal after 64 seconds is inexcusable''. this isn't the first time he has had to come out after games with these excuses...Why and what is he doing about changing it ????...........
Or can't he change it ??????

Today we were poor far the first half and better after the break once the weather conditions changed to our favour and after the half time bollocking he must have given the team . How many time this season have we heard this ?????
As I have always stated on here , I can handle losing to a better side when we give 100% but why cant he seem to motivate / organise the side to start playing from the first whistle ???? Today we were 1 down in a minute and could / should have been a few down by half time. We come out in the second half and prove we could match , even better the opposition in a game but we keep letting ourselves down by giving the opposition a head start...Why is this ?????

Where have you been these last few months!?! If we ever needed a dose of reality, Neil is the bloke to serve it to us. Thank god for supporters like Neil, otherwise I would be constantly living in a dream. Neil... At least it's not the end of the world...

Loyalfoot wrote:Ì wonder who will not be available for Tuesday after yesterday's game . I'm guessing Crofty is deff out
Crofts has managed to play the full 90 minutes in a league game once this season. That is one more than in the whole of the last league season for Scunthorpe. Well done Flynny for getting more out of him than The Iron did.
The words old, money and rope spring to mind.