Re: Change the record MF

Alan G Bryant wrote:Whilst Flynn has plenty of credit in the bank, my worry is that he is conflicted as to what works best for our squad.

Admittedly injuries have been a hindrance but we started at Cheltenham with a back 4 and switched at halftime to a back 3/5, yet today we start with a back 3/5 and after 30 minutes we switch to a back 4. It must be confusing for the players.

My personal view is that we are better with a back 3/5 and should only switch to 4 at the back if we are losing with 20 minutes to go.

In saying this , we should never have lost today and we are not far away from being a great side.

on our day we can compete with the top 5 / 6 sides in the league...Problem is either MF's tactics / team talks are failing or the players themselves are letting the club down with poor performances and 'these days ' are few and far between

MF hasn't made excuses he's stated facts. If he'd said because of the terrible conditions we were nowhere near where we should've been then that's an excuse, saying we were nowhere where we should've been was fact because we weren't. The goals we're conceding are a mystery, Northampton's was just as poor as yesterday's but then in the majority of games we then go on and dominate. I think it's this ability to play controlling football that will see us ok and in the mix for promotion, for me 2 more good runs between now and the end of the season will see us over the line.

supporter wrote:MF hasn't made excuses he's stated facts. If he'd said because of the terrible conditions we were nowhere near where we should've been then that's an excuse, saying we were nowhere where we should've been was fact because we weren't. The goals we're conceding are a mystery, Northampton's was just as poor as yesterday's but then in the majority of games we then go on and dominate. I think it's this ability to play controlling football that will see us ok and in the mix for promotion, for me 2 more good runs between now and the end of the season will see us over the line.

I agree , my view is that Flynn must play Semenyo , but it is hard to do that without dropping one of Matt or Amond ( how can he) , but in my view Matt and Amond are more ineffective without Wilmott and Butler down the flanks , whilst Semenyo will run at the full backs.

We are two defenders away from being a great team in my opinion

Looks pretty clear to me, we've not had a consistent defensive midfield all season long - half the time we've been forcing one of Bakinson or Dolan to try and play there, and the players we do have are all "experienced" and injury prone, or unable to play to their best twice a week, which is vital in any division of the EFL.

That said, when we're good we're as good as anyone in this division.

The rest of this month is BIG and we'll know what we're capable of by January, where we are despite the problems is nothing short of fantastic though and we shouldn't forget that.

SJG99 wrote:Looks pretty clear to me, we've not had a consistent defensive midfield all season long - half the time we've been forcing one of Bakinson or Dolan to try and play there, and the players we do have are all "experienced" and injury prone, or unable to play to their best twice a week, which is vital in any division of the EFL.

The rest of this month is BIG and we'll know what we're capable of by January, where we are despite the problems is nothing short of fantastic though and we shouldn't forget that.
Excellent summary.

Two issues:

1: Pipe struggles against tricky, pacey wingers and was torn apart yesterday. We need to look for a RB/WB in the window. I don't think Forbes is good enough. Pipey is one of my favourite players but ol' father time is catching up with him

2: We struggle with the opposition pressing us and start panicking.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It's one thing MF saying it's unacceptable,he now needs to step up and stop it.Three poor away performances in a row,imagine Butcher was the manager,the knives would be out.

I swear some of our fans are absolute loons.
Absolutely. It's as if they think we are a sleeping giant punching way below our weight. There shouldn't be any knives out for a manager who guides us to a playoff spot.

After a few games this season, we seemed to have a working routine of playing Pipe in the away matches and Forbes at home. Injuries have upset this and Pipe needs to step out for a break. Playing Forbes on Tuesday will be an unknown quantity for Wrexham to deal with as they may feel they have Pipe worked out after the first game. With Bennett, Semenyo and possibly Dolan and Labadie, that's a real headache for Wrexham.

The Cat wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It's one thing MF saying it's unacceptable,he now needs to step up and stop it.Three poor away performances in a row,imagine Butcher was the manager,the knives would be out.

I swear some of our fans are absolute loons.
Absolutely. It's as if they think we are a sleeping giant punching way below our weight. There shouldn't be any knives out for a manager who guides us to a playoff spot.

Agree , I believe we have achieved just two football league promotions in our entire history. Some of our supporters need a dose of reality.

Loyalfoot wrote:Ì wonder who will not be available for Tuesday after yesterday's game . I'm guessing Crofty is deff out
He hasn't been available all season , so will we really miss him ?

No

I'd go as far as to say we're better without him in the side . No disrespect to the guy , but he's brought nothing to the table for me . Don't know enough about him (and that's half the problem !) but I'd rather Dolan in the side ahead of Crofts .

allontheamber wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Looks pretty clear to me, we've not had a consistent defensive midfield all season long - half the time we've been forcing one of Bakinson or Dolan to try and play there, and the players we do have are all "experienced" and injury prone, or unable to play to their best twice a week, which is vital in any division of the EFL.

Excellent summary.
Spot on !

Corpaboy wrote:
allontheamber wrote:

Excellent summary.
Spot on !
I expect that this is the opinion of the majority of supporters

Not like Corky to press the panic button, where the hell are your opinons when we're doing well, which btw all things considered we are!! Yes we're not perfect, yes our away form is now a concern 100 % , I would love to see Semenyo start, our midfield is out of kilter and where we need so strengthen come Jan, yes we concede some sloppy goals, yes I am sure Flynny and the staff aren't perfect, I've been to the last 3 aways and the homes, and we've had some dire games and I am concerned, but don't just suddenly rant as if Flynn isn't aware or is clueless, I am sure come Jan we will see a change of both personnel and form, lets just hold our hats for now , stay in the mix, hopefully win in the cup, and start again in Jan. But it's so easy to rant and rave after sticky patch, thank the lord you're not manager.