Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

George Street-Bridge wrote:Wow, Premier League. Football started in 1992.

Stats don't sell tickets. Spurs offered the chance to watch world-class players.
I agree that the demand for Leicester won't be as great for Spurs and with 5 days available for Season ticket holders, trust memebers etc to get their tickets, I'm hoping to avoid queueing for 5 hours for a ticket this time. Especially with wind and rain in the forecast.

G Guest wrote:Sorry if this has already been reported. A poster on the Leicester forum claims that Leicester objected to County's proposed prices since they thought them too high at £30. Claims the FA had to adjudicate and presumably found in County's favour.
That'll put a load of Leicester fans off then by the sounds of things ??
Which is why this game is brilliant for us , but won't be anywhere near as popular as Spurs or Leeds last season .

How many "locals" do we know who are Leicester fanatics ..........?

Corpaboy wrote:
G Guest wrote:Sorry if this has already been reported. A poster on the Leicester forum claims that Leicester objected to County's proposed prices since they thought them too high at £30. Claims the FA had to adjudicate and presumably found in County's favour.
That'll put a load of Leicester fans off then by the sounds of things ??
Which is why this game is brilliant for us , but won't be anywhere near as popular as Spurs or Leeds last season .

How many "locals" do we know who are Leicester fanatics ..........?
Doris and her budgie

Can’t see us having more than 6000.
Even though Leicester are Premier League (recent winners too) they’re hardly ‘glamorous’ opposition for the people of Newport , unlike Spurs or Leeds.
Add in the cost, just after Christmas, the fact it’s on tv and no doubt cold & possible wet weather.
Would be great if we could sell out and I hope I’m proved wrong.

£30 as I understand it , is what Leicester fans would expect to pay for an away premiership game? Would the same price to go to a league 2 ground prevent them from taking up their full allocation?

£30 as I understand it , is what Leicester fans would expect to pay for an away premiership game? Would the same price to go to a league 2 ground prevent them from taking up their full allocation?