Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

........anyway.....back to the topic of Leicester City tickets: It's probably a bit much to hope for a cup game, but I'd like to think there'll be a 'print at home' service, mainly because looking at my rota, I only have three days off on weekdays between now and the day of the match.
Have they said when sales will start etc?...as in actual dates I mean.

newgroundrodney wrote:........anyway.....back to the topic of Leicester City tickets: It's probably a bit much to hope for a cup game, but I'd like to think there'll be a 'print at home' service, mainly because looking at my rota, I only have three days off on weekdays between now and the day of the match.
No dates given for sales as yet as far as I know? I'm guessing the 'print at home' facility will only be a possibility if ticket sales suggest it won't be a sell-out.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:........anyway.....back to the topic of Leicester City tickets: It's probably a bit much to hope for a cup game, but I'd like to think there'll be a 'print at home' service, mainly because looking at my rota, I only have three days off on weekdays between now and the day of the match.
No dates given for sales as yet as far as I know? I'm guessing the 'print at home' facility will only be a possibility if ticket sales suggest it won't be a sell-out.
Yes, you may be right, in as much as, if tickets go to General Sale, there may be 'Print at Home' because the need to prove one's priority level will not be required: ie., ST holders need to show proof to buy at the priority AND TO SECURE THEIR OWN SEAT, but if it goes to General Sale, there'll be no need for that, but by then of course, my usual seat may be gone if someone buys it before me.
I only have 3 or possibly 4 days (if you count New Year's Eve) that fall on normal Mon-Fri office hours during which I could get to Newport....
Again, I don't want to reopen the subject, but this is why we need a proper club membership scheme, with individual Client Reference Numbers so a person's 'ST Holder' status is known upon purchase, with a full record of games attended / tickets bought.
Anyway, I'll see how the dates pan out regarding getting a ticket.

newgroundrodney wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Yes, you may be right, in as much as, if tickets go to General Sale, there may be 'Print at Home' because the need to prove one's priority level will not be required: ie., ST holders need to show proof to buy at the priority AND TO SECURE THEIR OWN SEAT, but if it goes to General Sale, there'll be no need for that, but by then of course, my usual seat may be gone if someone buys it before me.
I only have 3 or possibly 4 days (if you count New Year's Eve) that fall on normal Mon-Fri office hours during which I could get to Newport....
Again, I don't want to reopen the subject, but this is why we need a proper club membership scheme, with individual Client Reference Numbers so a person's 'ST Holder' status is known upon purchase, with a full record of games attended / tickets bought.
Anyway, I'll see how the dates pan out regarding getting a ticket.
What we need first in order to deliver against all of that is the improved ticketing system that was promised after the issues around our matches last season but was not delivered and no explanation given.
I do hope that some of the lessons learned from last season will help prevent such severe issues this time.

So, with today’s game called off (much to the chagrin of Franchise FC’s f̶̷a̶̷n̶̷s̶̷ consumers), one would imagine that stubs from the Crawley game will be the ones required for those wanting FA Cup tickets. Second season running where our game against Crawley will have had a bumper crowd for that reason - their fans must just think we really like playing them!

Kairdiff Exile wrote:So, with today’s game called off (much to the chagrin of Franchise FC’s f̶̷a̶̷n̶̷s̶̷ consumers), one would imagine that stubs from the Crawley game will be the ones required for those wanting FA Cup tickets. Second season running where our game against Crawley will have had a bumper crowd for that reason - their fans must just think we really like playing them!
They should honour the tickets bought for today's game before it was called off, as well as the next home game, against FGR on Boxing Day. Two people I know weren't coming today before the ticket arrangements for Leicester were announced.

Yeah, not a bad shout. I’d not thought about the FGR game given that Boxing Day crowds are often different (lots of fans away etc) but given that demand is unlikely to exceed supply, I’m increasingly of the view that it might be more sensible to just put them on general sale. The terrace might sell out, but I’d predict that anyone who wants an actual seat will get one.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Yeah, not a bad shout. I’d not thought about the FGR game given that Boxing Day crowds are often different (lots of fans away etc) but given that demand is unlikely to exceed supply, I’m increasingly of the view that it might be more sensible to just put them on general sale. The terrace might sell out, but I’d predict that anyone who wants an actual seat will get one.
Would it be possible to use the North terrace as is if demand is high enough?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:Yeah, not a bad shout. I’d not thought about the FGR game given that Boxing Day crowds are often different (lots of fans away etc) but given that demand is unlikely to exceed supply, I’m increasingly of the view that it might be more sensible to just put them on general sale. The terrace might sell out, but I’d predict that anyone who wants an actual seat will get one.
IIRC, an anticipated HOME following of 5000+ would warrant opening the North Terrace in order to add an extra 1500...+ any ADDITIONAL seating if installed, along with any additional away seats. I think we can make a case for opening the North Terrace, but maybe not for installing extra seats at either end.

newgroundrodney wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
IIRC, an anticipated HOME following of 5000+ would warrant opening the North Terrace in order to add an extra 1500...+ any ADDITIONAL seating if installed, along with any additional away seats. I think we can make a case for opening the North Terrace, but maybe not for installing extra seats at either end.
Thinking along the same lines

....why not simply allow THOSE WHO WISH TO DO SO, to continue buying tickets for todays game - on the basis they'll be valid for the re-arranged date, in order to secure Leicester ticket priority?...
If they throw the priority open to the Crawley game, they'll delay the sales dates, and people will only have a week to actually fit in with the sales routines/times/on sale dates. Some people like me will be left with little to no chance of getting to the ticket office if they wait til after the Crawley game.
Leicester City tickets ideally should be on sale from 10:00 am Tuesday to give folks a chance to buy tickets, amid all their other Christmas prepping.

I assume it’s as simple as those with an MK ticket still get priority. Would be bad form of the club to change the qualifying rules for a Leicester ticket and I don’t think they would. You turn up with your MK ticket, they are marked to show you’ve bought a Leicester ticket and given back to you. If you ask for a refund on your MK ticket you lose priority for Leicester, no refunds possible after you’ve bought a Leicester ticket. I would think the club needs to get the Leicester tickets on sale pretty soon to plan for temporary seating if demand suggests it’s needed.