Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

Fourthousand - ultimately, it's what you think is worth investing money in. Fans are part of the problem here, as we put a lot of pressure on the club to invest every last penny into the playing squad because that's what we see week-in week-out. But when it comes to building a sustainable football club, a lot of the things that really make a difference (training facilities, youth setup, ticketing infrastructure, marketing strategy) are seen as second-order concerns. I'm not for a moment suggesting there is an easy answer to that, but I do think it's right to question the priorities at a time when we're about to receive an FA Cup windfall.

But this mindset ignores how many supporters don't live near the ground.[/quote]

You'll always get some section of the population unhappy.

I agree with Will - OK, we've drawn PL opposition twice in two years, but before then it hadn't happened for about 40 years! It's a complete waste of money to be buying in advanced ticketing infrastructure when we very rarely exceed one third capacity.[/quote]

We don't need to buy in infrastructure, both the system we currently use and applications like Ticketmaster are sold on a SaaS (Software as a Service) basis, so the basic requirement is a stable internet connection through which to connect existing laptops/desktops. It is a matter of mantime to set the system up correctly and then paying the fees as we currently do.[/quote]

Whose manpower to set up the system - how much?. As it appears 'almost off the shelf with a bit of customization and proof of concept testing out' (seen that phrase many a time in my working life) it must be a just a matter of time before the Board agree to something so nebulous and low cost. Except, what if it goes wrong - what is the fallback/ who is paid and response times (service level agreements) to make a fix, will it recognise prioritie based on past purchasing history/memberships etc as per the request from KE.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Fourthousand - ultimately, it's what you think is worth investing money in. Fans are part of the problem here, as we put a lot of pressure on the club to invest every last penny into the playing squad because that's what we see week-in week-out. But when it comes to building a sustainable football club, a lot of the things that really make a difference (training facilities, youth setup, ticketing infrastructure, marketing strategy) are seen as second-order concerns. I'm not for a moment suggesting there is an easy answer to that, but I do think it's right to question the priorities at a time when we're about to receive an FA Cup windfall.
Sure - but could you take it to the Board to take the 'pain' out of putting it all together so it at least gets on the 'agenda and then a decision is required rather than a barrier ( business case leg work) to get it there.

Fourthousand wrote:But this mindset ignores how many supporters don't live near the ground.
You'll always get some section of the population unhappy.

I agree with Will - OK, we've drawn PL opposition twice in two years, but before then it hadn't happened for about 40 years! It's a complete waste of money to be buying in advanced ticketing infrastructure when we very rarely exceed one third capacity.[/quote]

We don't need to buy in infrastructure, both the system we currently use and applications like Ticketmaster are sold on a SaaS (Software as a Service) basis, so the basic requirement is a stable internet connection through which to connect existing laptops/desktops. It is a matter of mantime to set the system up correctly and then paying the fees as we currently do.[/quote]

Whose manpower to set up the system - how much?. As it appears 'almost off the shelf with a bit of customization and proof of concept testing out' (seen that phrase many a time in my working life) it must be a just a matter of time before the Board agree to something so nebulous and low cost. Except, what if it goes wrong - what is the fallback/ who is paid and response times (service level agreements) to make a fix, will it recognise prioritie based on past purchasing history/memberships etc as per the request from KE.[/quote]

The Dragons will have answers to all of your questions as they have implemented a transition to Ticketmaster over the Summer.

A week in and still no news on ticket availability, with effectively only about 12 working days left to the game if they were to go on sale tomorrow. Leaving things late don’t you think?
Also, in today’s post I received a card from the Dragons promoting their game on the 30th Dec, I hope the County were well rewarded for providing them with my address details as they can be the only source!

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: Also, in today’s post I received a card from the Dragons promoting their game on the 30th Dec, I hope the County were well rewarded for providing them with my address details as they can be the only source!
My wife got one too. Bank statements for ST renewals one year gave Rodney Parade as the recipient, it must come from there.

Edit: Most recently for Leeds tickets a year ago.