Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

Willthiswork wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:A shame that the club is using the Leicester match as a pretext to artificially increase the gate for Saturday’s game against Franchise FC, a pariah club who don’t deserve to exist.

As far as I’m concerned, we don’t have a match against legitimate opposition on Saturday. I’ll be off to watch some local non-league instead.
Shame you can't support YOUR team against whatever the opposition is. :(

It's a poistive marketing initative that WILL bring money into the club - beggars can't be choosers!

I applaud the club for this action.
I have been to 71 league grounds who are still in the league. I had hoped to get to all 92. I will never watch Franchise United. You are perfectly at liberty to hold a different view from me. But to suggest that those of us who will never allow ourselves to be demeaned by watching that shower, that we should be ashamed, is ridiculous.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:A shame that the club is using the Leicester match as a pretext to artificially increase the gate for Saturday’s game against Franchise FC, a pariah club who don’t deserve to exist.

As far as I’m concerned, we don’t have a match against legitimate opposition on Saturday. I’ll be off to watch some local non-league instead.

It's a poistive marketing initative that WILL bring money into the club - beggars can't be choosers!

I have been to 71 league grounds who are still in the league. I had hoped to get to all 92. I will never watch Franchise United. You are perfectly at liberty to hold a different view from me. But to suggest that those of us who will never allow ourselves to be demeaned by watching that shower, that we should be ashamed, is ridiculous.
Not at all. You are supporting YOUR team against them.

To watch a game involving Franchise goes a small way to legitimising what happened.

Imagine someone from the other end of Britain buying Newport County’s place in the football league for their local side and us having to start afresh at parks level. Wouldn’t you feel even the slightest level of resentment towards the team that now occupied our place in the league?

Willthiswork wrote:
Not at all. You are supporting YOUR team against them.
If I saw a County supporter attack a supporter of an opposition side I wouldn't have the slightest difficulty reporting that to the police or giving evidence in court. If I think something is wrong I don't believe in not saying so. My country right or wrong is a belief I do not hold.

For the sake of clarity I don't suggest that you or any County supporter wouldn't do the same.

I don't impose my beliefs on others. If you are happy to watch a game involving Franchise United, I wouldn't dream of saying you should be ashamed of yourself. You are entitled to your views. I can only speak for myself. I will never allow myself to watch a game involving Franchise United. Every club, not just Wimbledon and every supporter was shat upon because it suited the FA and money. I support County but not to the extent of doing something I believe to be wrong. I am a football supporter. Those supporters who watch Chester, Stockport and Torquay, to name but three clubs, I have affinity with. They are trying to get back the proper way. To try to say I would just be supporting my club if I saw a game involving Franchise Thieves, just doesn't cut it.

Makes me smile, the ones moaning on here about not watching us play MK Dons, probably wouldn’t actually be going anyway ! A lot of noise about nothing.

I support Newport County - I’m a season ticket holder and will be watching them whoever they play.

I’ve got no time for the current political shite being carried in front of the nation, so certainly won’t be wasting my time worrying about football politics about clubs that have zero affect on me and my club.

I await a very cleverly worded lawyer type response.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Makes me smile, the ones moaning on here about not watching us play MK Dons, probably wouldn’t actually be going anyway ! A lot of noise about nothing.

I support Newport County - I’m a season ticket holder and will be watching them whoever they play.

I’ve got no time for the current political shite being carried in front of the nation, so certainly won’t be wasting my time worrying about football politics about clubs that have zero affect on me and my club.

Nothing clever from me mate. Your silly little personal jibes say a lot more about you than they do about me.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Makes me smile, the ones moaning on here about not watching us play MK Dons, probably wouldn’t actually be going anyway ! A lot of noise about nothing.

Amazing isn't it - two threads hijacked because of it.

Some people confuse the internet with Speakers Corner !

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:

Bren why do Wimbledon fans who have most to hate about this team go there to support their club

UPTHEPORT wrote: why do Wimbledon fans who have most to hate about this team go there to support their club
I don’t think you can talk about them as a homogenous group in this instance. Some go to watch their team against Franchise, others (including one of my very good friends) would never do so and refuse to recognise them as a legitimate team.

As I’ve said elsewhere, each to their principles on this one. But it’s surprising to see how little solidarity their is amongst our fans on an issue where one would have thought we might have some empathy.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Makes me smile, the ones moaning on here about not watching us play MK Dons, probably wouldn’t actually be going anyway !

Well it's either me or JonD.

You really do have a problem. You do know that, don't you?
Tbh Neither ? I think the problem is with you if you feel that most responses are tailored to you! Must have been the ref to a lawyer style response !

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote: why do Wimbledon fans who have most to hate about this team go there to support their club
I don’t think you can talk about them as a homogenous group in this instance. Some go to watch their team against Franchise, others (including one of my very good friends) would never do so and refuse to recognise them as a legitimate team.

As I’ve said elsewhere, each to their principles on this one. But it’s surprising to see how little solidarity their is amongst our fans on an issue where one would have thought we might have some empathy.
Al your doing boycotting our home game is hurting our Club not just the financial side of it

Less fans mean less atmosphere affect our average Gate

I'm all for ignoring them as a Club we should do what Wimbledon did refuse to recognise them no mention in programme no Hospitality etc