Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

You make a good point, last season our ticketing system struggled to cope with the surge in demand when people rushed (unnecessarily as it turned out) to get tickets early. I can see the opposite happening this year with people waiting maybe until after Xmas in the belief that there will be ample tickets available and the "rush" coming more towards the end. Since we haven't had the promised upgrade to the ticketing system, we could struggle again.

Amberexile wrote: Since we haven't had the promised upgrade to the ticketing system, we could struggle again.
Yup, that would be my concern too. In all honesty, there should be no need for people to be worrying about having ticket stubs from the Franchise game or having their membership cards, or taking time off work to queue for tickets in the rain. A good online ticketing system would have it logged as to whether you are a Trust member, what games you've attended previously, and what your corresponding entitlement is for Leicester tickets, and you should just be able to buy online without leaving the comfort of your armchair.

WillThisWork - no-one is saying the existing system can't work; the point is that it's a hassle and there are better ways of doing it that don't require people to queue for hours at a time of year when standing in a line outside is unpleasant! With a proper ticketing system, it would be quicker and easier (for the club and fans) for everyone who qualifies to get the tickets. Plus, it'd save the club money and time by requiring fewer staff and volunteers, and allowing people to print at home.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:WillThisWork - no-one is saying the existing system can't work; the point is that it's a hassle and there are better ways of doing it that don't require people to queue for hours at a time of year when standing in a line outside is unpleasant! With a proper ticketing system, it would be quicker and easier (for the club and fans) for everyone who qualifies to get the tickets. Plus, it'd save the club money and time by requiring fewer staff and volunteers, and allowing people to print at home.
Not sure we really need anything else for one or two games per season.

I guess that depends on whether or not you think spending money on proper infrastructure so we can run as a professional club is a sound investment or not. For me, it's a no-brainer as it increases capacity by freeing up staff / volunteer time to do things which might increase the fanbase, and makes it as easy as possible for fans to buy tickets to come and watch us.

The "make-do-and-mend" mentality where everything is held together by gaffer tape and goodwill is fine in non-league, but I don't think there's anything wrong in aspiring to something better in the Football League.

There has to be a fixed price on the Leicester tickets. Leicester City have to receive 45% of the receipts. Keep it simple. I think the attraction will be Premier League opponents, not a £5 discount. We are talking about attracting people who don't normally come. It's the opposition that will bring them along, not a couple of extra games at a discount.
I'm assuming information on sales will be soon and, from a selfish point of view, sales some time between the FGR and Crawley matches.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Willthiswork wrote: Jsut because it didn't suit everyone doesn't mean it struggled. I got the qualifying tickets and then queued like the others to get Spurs' ones. It was a hassle but not a big problem.
But this mindset ignores how many supporters don't live near the ground.
You'll always get some section of the population unhappy.

I agree with Will - OK, we've drawn PL opposition twice in two years, but before then it hadn't happened for about 40 years! It's a complete waste of money to be buying in advanced ticketing infrastructure when we very rarely exceed one third capacity.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:WillThisWork - no-one is saying the existing system can't work; the point is that it's a hassle and there are better ways of doing it that don't require people to queue for hours at a time of year when standing in a line outside is unpleasant! With a proper ticketing system, it would be quicker and easier (for the club and fans) for everyone who qualifies to get the tickets. Plus, it'd save the club money and time by requiring fewer staff and volunteers, and allowing people to print at home.
How much would it cost to design, implement and manage/maintain?

Fourthousand wrote:
Probably more than we have as we haven't got it. By the sounds of it we couldn't afford to join in with the one already at RP.

rncfc wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Willthiswork wrote: Jsut because it didn't suit everyone doesn't mean it struggled. I got the qualifying tickets and then queued like the others to get Spurs' ones. It was a hassle but not a big problem.
But this mindset ignores how many supporters don't live near the ground.
You'll always get some section of the population unhappy.

I agree with Will - OK, we've drawn PL opposition twice in two years, but before then it hadn't happened for about 40 years! It's a complete waste of money to be buying in advanced ticketing infrastructure when we very rarely exceed one third capacity.
We don't need to buy in infrastructure, both the system we currently use and applications like Ticketmaster are sold on a SaaS (Software as a Service) basis, so the basic requirement is a stable internet connection through which to connect existing laptops/desktops. It is a matter of mantime to set the system up correctly and then paying the fees as we currently do.

Willthiswork wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Probably more than we have as we haven't got it. By the sounds of it we couldn't afford to join in with the one already at RP.
Which is my point. People can see benefits/ see the resources it would 'save'/ have a free shot at our fans owned club in the process but can't go the extra mile/the last step to get it costed up.

If it's such a sure fire nailed on winner - KE could pull together a fully costed business case and present it out to the board. If the breakeven/payback is just a short few years and someone has the capacity to Project Manage the whole thing in and commission it, then the Board will then have a decision to make.

Fourthousand wrote: Which is my point. People can see benefits/ see the resources it would 'save'/ have a free shot at our fans owned club in the process but can't go the extra mile/the last step to get it costed up.

If it's such a sure fire nailed on winner - KE could pull together a fully costed business case and present it out to the board. If the breakeven/payback is just a short few years and someone has the capacity to Project Manage the whole thing in and commission it, then the Board will then have a decision to make.
Can't agree with the bolded bit.

I'm saying it isn't worth it, because I don't believe it's worth paying for. If I'm wrong and it is worth paying for, then that should be figured out by our board and staff and it should be project managed by them too. If that isn't possible, we shouldn't be "fan-owned".