Re: BBC Highlights

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:On county chat page on fb..
They missed the red card !!!

That will be no appeal then :lol:
Yet Wrexham manager suggests they will appeal and appears to blame Demetriou for getting him red carded

What an idiot. I don’t think he has a hope in hell of getting that overturned. Have you seen the picture in the ‘leader’ newspaper? He’s flown in two footed off the floor.
The tackle looked poor from where I was but looks even worse in that picture as I didn’t think he had two feet off the floor at the time

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/wrexham_af ... rt-county/
Last edited by Exile 1976 on December 12th, 2018, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Appealing that decision runs the risk of getting an extra suspension for a trivial appeal. Barrow seems to be deflecting the defeat away from his inability to organise his team to play ten v eleven. Did he really think they could play 90 minutes plus extra time defending so deep. Effectively they played with nine men, as Beavon was just back peddling without making any challenge for the ball.
Last edited by excessbee on December 12th, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exile 1976 wrote:What an idiot. I don’t think he has a hope in hell of getting that overturned. Have you seen the picture in the ‘leader’ newspaper? He’s flown in two footed off the floor.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/wrexham_af ... rt-county/
I suspect Barrow is suggesting that Demetriou in staying down was forcing the referee into taking the action that he did. I wasn't at the match but listened to RW on the trip home from work and the decision seemed instantaneous from a referee who was close by and had a good view of the incident. The commentators described the challenge as a "leg breaker" and were surprised (and full of praise) that Demetriou got up and played on. I suspect the quickness of the card suggests the ref saw the challenge similarly as a "leg breaker" and would reflect upon how dangerous (and reckless) he saw it. The photo above only confirms how terrible it was.
The chances of the card being rescinded I would put at zero.

I would suggest Barrow should use his efforts more productively in trying to prevent his players from making such challenges by attempting to coach it out of them. Were it a County player making such a challenge on a Wrexham player he'd no doubt be arguing for the restoration of the death penalty so it does smack a bit of double standards (but doesn't so much in football these days). A sensible man would issue a statement today stating that having seen the footage today he felt the challenge reckless and unacceptable, worthy of no appeal and that he sends his good wishes to Demetriou and apologises for questioning his integrity. It won't happen, but perhaps it should...