Re: Kevin Johnson

Amberexile wrote:It has been suggested in the past that he has something against the Welsh. If true, which I doubt, his head must have been in a spin last night :grin:

Wasn’t the rumour that he was brought up in Wales and was bullied for being English, and then he either wrote it in a book or mentioned in an interview his hatred of the Welsh???
I’ve tried looking online but, surprise surprise I can’t find anything.

Very early in the game Pearson went down in a heap and moaned at the ref for not listen to his bleating. it was part of their game plan. Jennings also did it in the first half. On the floor clutching his injured leg. As soon as play moved away, he got up, and ran back to do his defensive duties. How Demetriou got away with that awful tackle on Luke Young I'll never know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's slightly predictable that we think every referee is the best thing since sliced bread when we win and should never be allowed the darken the doorstep of a football ground ever again after we lose.
The truth is of course is that they are all fairly consistent and some are better than others. They get the vast majority of things right and quite a few things wrong. I do not believe that any of them are ever biased to one team more than another.
Over the course of a season the good and bad decisions probably even themselves out but we always remember the bad decisions.
The sport cannot do without them and I for one thank them for them for the unenviable job they do. I'm just glad I'm not one of them.