Re: MK forum

penycwm county wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:Someone on the MK Forum has said he doesn’t think we should be in the League as we are a Welsh team.... Cheeky turd
Maybe he has a point, I'm sure he would argue that Wales has its own league.
Maybe he does, but surely people in glass houses should refrain from throwing stones.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:...the reality is they are where they are, and our opinions/disapproval won't change anything.
I see what you're trying to say, but I respectfully disagree. If all opposition fans boycotted matches involving Franchise, it would send a clear message to the football authorities and make the pariah club less commercially viable, ideally to the point of having to fold. Granted, that seems unlikely to happen - but I fully support anyone who makes a principled stand. It's like buying green electricity, or moving your custom to an ethical bank - the actions of one individual only have a limited impact, but it's about being comfortable with your own actions.
Wimbledon fans go to away games there

That's the end of it in my opinion and I agree with them just ignore them they didn't even put the line up in the programme

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:...the reality is they are where they are, and our opinions/disapproval won't change anything.
I see what you're trying to say, but I respectfully disagree. If all opposition fans boycotted matches involving Franchise, it would send a clear message to the football authorities and make the pariah club less commercially viable, ideally to the point of having to fold. Granted, that seems unlikely to happen - but I fully support anyone who makes a principled stand. It's like buying green electricity, or moving your custom to an ethical bank - the actions of one individual only have a limited impact, but it's about being comfortable with your own actions.
Wimbledon fans go to away games there

That's the end of it in my opinion and I agree with them just ignore them they didn't even put the line up in the programme
They do indeed, lots of them too. Loved watching this goal they scored there a few years back;

whoareya wrote:Great to have principles, but its denying your own club the ticket revenue.

How about buying a bunch of draw tickets instead, or donating the ticket money to the Trust?

Personally MK away is the one I'm most looking fowrad to.

I wouldn’t step foot in their ground but I will certainly do so at Rodders against whoever we play as we’re desperate for the cash

Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

UPTHEPORT wrote: Bren why do Wimbledon fans who have most to hate about this team go there to support their club
[/quote]

I can't answer for those Wimbledon fans who don't share my opinion. You would have to ask them. I hold a view, I express it. You and everyone else is entitled to disagree.

My objection to the original post was simply the view that anyone, me, Kairdiff Exile or uncle Tom Cobley should be ashamed for choosing not to watch MK Dons. Sadly as per usual, rather than simply disagreeing some users of this board choose instead to make personal comments. It seems that my not these days responding in like fashion seems to wind them up all the more.

Result!!!!!!

There is a comparison that could be made here with fans boycotting the Spotafan Trophy, because many of the same argument apply. Yes, low gates hurt the clubs involved, and reduce atmosphere etc, but those boycotting would say that there is a more important, longer-term issue at stake.

Football authorities and football clubs assume, and predicate their business models, on blind loyalty and on X-many fans turning up to every game regardless of the fare on show, the quality of the competition and the status of the opposition. I think it’s worth challenging those assumptions once in a while, in order to remind those in charge that without fans, the game is nothing.

Who knows - if we did, maybe we wouldn’t have a world where the Spotafan Trophy was conceived, where kick-off times are moved willy-nilly to suit armchair TV audiences, and where Franchise FC were allowed to ever exist.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Makes me smile, the ones moaning on here about not watching us play MK Dons, probably wouldn’t actually be going anyway !

I await a very cleverly worded lawyer type response.

Well it's either me or JonD.

You really do have a problem. You do know that, don't you?
Tbh Neither ? I think the problem is with you if you feel that most responses are tailored to you! Must have been the ref to a lawyer style response !
tbh i too thought it was aimed at stan

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote: why do Wimbledon fans who have most to hate about this team go there to support their club
I don’t think you can talk about them as a homogenous group in this instance. Some go to watch their team against Franchise, others (including one of my very good friends) would never do so and refuse to recognise them as a legitimate team.

As I’ve said elsewhere, each to their principles on this one. But it’s surprising to see how little solidarity their is amongst our fans on an issue where one would have thought we might have some empathy.

Solidarity? If their (Wimbledon) own fans don’t boycott the games against them then why would we?
Now, if none of them went to the away fixture at MK or watched them at home against them, fair enough, we could follow suit, but that’s not the case.

Good Evening!

What a conundrum!

I was looking forward to going to Milton Keynes, it’s only 20 minutes for me and I don’t get to too many games to watch my Amber heroes.
Probably be four or five of us going to support the County.

Should we not go?

Phil in Northampton

penycwm county wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:Someone on the MK Forum has said he doesn’t think we should be in the League as we are a Welsh team.... Cheeky turd
Maybe he has a point, I'm sure he would argue that Wales has its own league.
For real?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:I get your point, but the County may be desperate for all of our support when it’s our time to go there?
Just do what the Wimbledon fans do don't buy anything from the ground/club food drink etc
Same rules as Rodney Parade then.