Re: Bristol Rovers / Flynny

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Looking at the odds,they have Mark Hughes,Sam Alladyce,Steve Bruce on there.Do they just pluck names out of the air or do people actually waste their money on these guys.
If I put a tenner on Lord Lucan he would be 2nd favourite :wink:
If I was the gas, I’d take him over Westley! :grin:

Countymadbell wrote:If and a big if he goes we move on. The club will always be bigger than anybody. But come on brizzle rovers, we will be swapping places with them next season just remember that Mike. Leave us as a true legend that's not quite yet.
You are correct in your assessment of his 'legend' status in my opinion.

He is nothing of the sort. He is a very, very successful manager in the short term for the County. He is a fiercely ambitious manager who was moderately successful as a player and in my opinion models himself on the other Newpôrt boy, Tony Pulis. I wonder if they are related.

Loyalfoot wrote:The Bookies are just having fun with the punters......what will be will be now.
Evens favourite. This continued speculation is not good. My view is that Flynn should either specifically rule out a move before the end of the season or front up, say he is interested and put the ball in the boards court.

And if anybody wants to know why this speculation is so intense with punters it is that Flynn said "I was odds on for Shrewsbury but I didn't get the job." No matter how you dress that up Michael Flynn deserves great credit for quite literally saving Newport County. But that does not give him the right to f@ck with the club or the supporters.

Michael Flynn has every right to look after his own career and make decisions which he believes are in his own best interest. I certainly would not blame him if he chose to move on now.

However he is with his words fuelling speculation, and that is not acceptable.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:The Bookies are just having fun with the punters......what will be will be now.
Evens favourite. This continued speculation is not good. My view is that Flynn should either specifically rule out a move before the end of the season or front up, say he is interested and put the ball in the boards court.

And if anybody wants to know why this speculation is so intense with punters it is that Flynn said "I was odds on for Shrewsbury but I didn't get the job." No matter how you dress that up Michael Flynn deserves great credit for quite literally saving Newport County. But that does not give him the right to f@ck with the club or the supporters.

Michael Flynn has every right to look after his own career and make decisions which he believes are in his own best interest. I certainly would not blame him if he chose to move on now.

However he is with his words fuelling speculation, and that is not acceptable.

I agree with you entirely. I also sense that because you haven't had numerous responses offering differences of opinion so do many others.