Re: Flynny

Countymadbell wrote:Been on rovers website they saying his agent has got in touch, to say Mike's would be interested in talking to them about job. Odds on now for the job all this uncertainty can't be good for the plays.

I was on their site, though I thought they said that the Rovers chairman had been in touch with Flynny’s agent, not the other way around ?

girl saturday wrote:I have no problem if & when Mike feels he wants to move on, its part & parcel of the job.
However I really hope he's not touting himself everywhere for these openings?
Regardless of whether through an agent or not, that would be disrespectful to all of us who hold him in high esteem for what he has achieved in a short time as our manager.
Hi Kate,

I agree with the first part of your assessment. However assuming, as I do, that Flynn wants to move on what's he meant to do? You can hardly expect him not to show interest in jobs which become available.

For me the real problem is that County are seen by other league 1&2 clubs as a club who are prey for those seeking a manager. We do need to ask ourselves why the likes of Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Oldham, Bristol Rovers, see us as lesser than them. For me of course County can't resist Premier League or even Championship sides. But it's in my view not acceptable that lower league sides regard us as inferior.

Quotes from Mike Flynn:-
“I was 1/8 on at Shrewsbury and I didn’t get the job,” said the Exiles boss. “It’s just paper talk again and it means nothing.

“I definitely haven’t had any contact, my agent hasn’t and the club hasn’t.

“I’m sure the club would be the first to find out if there was any interest.

"There’s nothing else to say.”