Re: Bristol Rovers

Own ground or not, this year we'd be a viable option for any manager with lower football league experience - in play-offs, Leicester to come. Do well in league and cup over next six months and it will look great on a cv and perhaps springboard to even greater things. Think Flynny would be silly leave now and can't imagine he would.

Flynny took on a Newport squad nailed on for relegation, turned it around and look at us now.

I would be surprised if he is not looking at the Bristol squad and wondering if he can do the same again.

What would look better on his CV? Taking County up or keeping a higher profile club like Rovers in League 1.

It's a gamble either way but I'm sure it's one he's weighing up.

last time I checked Bristol Rovers were on track to be relegated by 9 points....
When Flynny took over as our manager we were on track to be relegated by 15 points....

But I hope Flynny & Bristol Rovers remember that was ONE DIVISION LOWER than where Rovers now are.
Could Mike Flynn make the upgrade?..... expensive gamble for Rovers if they get it wrong.

Re: Flynny

I’m with Girl Saturday on this one and my attitude in work was the same . The one exception was when I saw a post I really wanted and applied for it, when I accepted it my current employer offered me a considerably bigger salary to stay but I couldn’t and wouldn’t do so because I had already promised that I’d take it. I may be a fool, but I’m my own fool.
I accept Flynny will go somewhere, sometime but I’m not sure the Rovers would be that great a choice imho especially with the season we’re having this year possibly adding a high sheen to his reputation, who knows ? Just my opinion.

Re: Flynny

He's been over to see them a few times recently. I think that maybe it's a little too early for him to move on, especially with the Leicester game coming and the promise of more funds available in January.

Fingers crossed he stays but this time I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on.