Re: 13

My point on earnings was that as normal employees we see our salaries rise from the start of full employment until we are in our sixties. The average footballer sees that increase cut short by about 35.
I do however take your point about the idiot owners/directors having to take some blame but that would take every club, probably to level 5, to act in unison. If County were to act in isolation I suspect our resulting squad would see us back in Connie South.
I do fail to see why inflated wages can be the fault of supporters. I agree we are idiots but don't see what impact we can have on players wages or agents fees.

Re: 13 / WHO WOULD YOU OFFER DEALS TO

I'd say some players are still needing to up their game to earn a new contract.I hope I'm wrong but maybe Sheehan and Forbes could be loaned out in January to leave space for new signings.Josh is beginning to find some form so I would disappointed if he left.Forbes got blamed for Carlisle and hasn't featured since.He had some MOM performances at home and has got potential so I hope my hunch is wrong on both counts.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:“Sign the extension. It’s Newport County after all, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen”
More likely 'screw them for every penny you can'
That is one of the most cynical, nasty and bordering on the vicious analysis of the mindset of professional footballers that I have read for quite some time.

Can't say I disagree though. :shock:

Maybe "Negotiate the best deal possible" would be a better way of putting it.

Amberexile wrote:Interesting issue for players' agents to chew on. Your client is offered a contract extension. The club has a windfall coming that could increase in value from one good performance. The club have a reasonable chance of reaching the playoffs and therefore a chance of promotion. The manager is being linked very strongly with almost every manager job in L1 and L2 that comes about and is likely to leave before the end of the season when the right job comes along. The club have a tendency to drop off in terms of league form in the second half of the season. The transfer window opens in less than three weeks' time...

What advice do you give the client in terms of the contract extension?
Last season we picked up 35 pts in the first half of the season, and 29 pts in the second half. A difference in terms of points, of just two wins in half a season. So no huge 'drop off' but a drop off all the same. Just thought maybe our perceptions are that we're worse than we are.

Agree with most posters Amond, Demetriou, Butler and Day and hopingly Labadie.
Dolan to me has not over impressed and take out his set pieces and will not be missed.
Normally agree with my good friend NCFC Hippy but a more defensive type of midfielder is required because we have many offensive minded midfielders who cannot defend.
I know our goals against is ridiculous and we automatically blame our defence but our midfield have not protected their area well enough by pressing and pressure on opponents allowing too much space and time for counterattacks for the defence to unfairly deal with more times than not.
Tomorrow midfield press to impress !

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I appreciate that he can be injury prone but do we think we can secure a better centre half at this level than Mark O'Brien? (Franks, Demetriou and Bennett excluded).

I'd sign him up for another year.
Yes,an old fashioned defender,no fancy stuff just clear it.He's someone we need when we're under the cosh,those cameo subs at Port Vale and Oldham where he won everything to help us hang on.He takes one for the team if we're caught short at the back.A real battler like Pipey.Oh yes,and that goal,where would we be now.I've got that photo alongside Jolley's in my front room,still get a buzz from it.