County fans at MK Dons (h) game..higher or lower?..

So, with our passage to Round 3 of the FA Cup now booked, with a home tie against Leicester achieved with a fantastic win over our north Walian friends, what are our thoughts on the MK Dons match tomorrow?...

Here are the numbers so far, for HOME fans, at home LEAGUE games:

Total number of fans............30,092
Highest...................................3,737 (Yeovil Town)
Lowest....................................2,516 (Northampton Town)
AVERAGE..............................3,009
Match most closely
representing the average.......2,993 (Cambridge United)

The average number of away fans visiting Rodney Parade for league games currently stands at 183.

So I'm going for 3460 County + 370 M K Dons = 3830 total.....

any thoughts?.....

Re: County fans at MK Dons (h) game..higher or lower?..

Percy plunkett wrote:I'm sure NGR would have the figure for Crawley last season.I was pleasantly surprised by the extra attendance that night,so something similar would be good.
Last season, the relatively unattractive Crawley Town home fixture saw a home following of 5652 County fans in attendance. This was 78.7% up on the eventual season's average of 3162 and was the highest of the season.
Now, with all due respect to Crawley, a 'promotion clash' with MK Dons is a lot more attractive, although to be fair, Leicester are a lot less attractive than Spurs.
I'll stick with my estimate, because for whatever reason, I don't see a massive amount of County fans turning out for this one....but I do hope I'm wrong and it smashes last season's Crawley figure.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I'm sure NGR would have the figure for Crawley last season.I was pleasantly surprised by the extra attendance that night,so something similar would be good.
Last season, the relatively unattractive Crawley Town home fixture saw a home following of 5652 County fans in attendance. This was 78.7% up on the eventual season's average of 3162 and was the highest of the season.
Now, with all due respect to Crawley, a 'promotion clash' with MK Dons is a lot more attractive, although to be fair, Leicester are a lot less attractive than Spurs.
I'll stick with my estimate, because for whatever reason, I don't see a massive amount of County fans turning out for this one....but I do hope I'm wrong and it smashes last season's Crawley figure.
So that was an increase of over 2600 on our normal gate.Even if only half turn up tomorrow,that would take home fans to about 4350.With their fans,we could get a gate of 4750,unless people are christmas shopping.

Percy plunkett wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
So that was an increase of over 2600 on our normal gate.Even if only half turn up tomorrow,that would take home fans to about 4350.With their fans,we could get a gate of 4750,unless people are christmas shopping.

....if you want it terms of the actual AFFECT it had on the attendance, the average immediately prior to, but not including the Crawley game was 3037.... so the 'offer' added some 2615 to the average up to that point, an increase of 86.1%......and an increase of 2771 on the attendance for the previous home game, which was Exeter City.

lowandhard wrote:Not sure Xmas shopping is that big this weekend, given that you’ve still got another weekend after that plus there’s all the internet shopping going on these days. I think the crucial factor is whether the Newport public find Leicester enough of a draw to tempt them away from an afternoon by the tv
The question is do people think they will struggle to get a ticket for Leicester?