Re: Weather Report

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Looks great for tomorrow :roll:
Strong wind; Heavy rain. Who do you think it will benefit most?
The Pubs

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Looks great for tomorrow :roll:
Strong wind; Heavy rain. Who do you think it will benefit most?
Reservoirs?

lowandhard wrote:It’ll be a good test for the drainage! First postponement/abandonment?
Yes it will be a test if the forecast of between 1 and 2 inches this afternoon is correct. Fortunately it has been a dry week until now, but of course enough rain in a short time will test any drainage system.

It’s presumably going to be very wet in early Jan as I’ve just had a notification from the Ifollow app that the Port Vale game is postponed(?).

JonD wrote:It’s presumably going to be very wet in early Jan as I’ve just had a notification from the Ifollow app that the Port Vale game is postponed(?).
I’m sure the Leicester game is that weekend, bit of an upgrade :bounce:

JonD wrote:It’s presumably going to be very wet in early Jan as I’ve just had a notification from the Ifollow app that the Port Vale game is postponed(?).
Keep up at the back!

Ha ha. I’d just been thinking “Wait a minute - it’s the cup weekend” but got exposed as a pillock before I could edit my post :-)

Anyone know whether any pitch inspection is planned?... Is it still raining in Newport?... It's 11:42 now and I'd need to leave at midday at the latest if I want to go.
I don't mind the rain, but don't wanna get half way and find it's off.... any danger of it not going ahead???

I would hope if there was any inspection planned it would have been on social media by now and I haven't seen anything.

Ugo. wrote:I would hope if there was any inspection planned it would have been on social media by now and I haven't seen anything.
Cheers..I'll leave at 12:00 and hope for the best...thanks

There has now been a statement:

Newport County AFC

Verified account

@NewportCounty
Following Following @NewportCounty
More
PITCH INSPECTION | All of today’s Match Officials will inspect the Rodney Parade pitch at 1:20pm this afternoon due to the heavy rain experienced overnight and so far today, Exiles.

We will keep you up to date as soon as we find out any new information.