Re: Gavin Peacock: Me & My Faith

Blackandamber wrote:Excellent programme on BBC1 on how Gavin Peacock became Christian whilst being a professional football, and faith in football in general.
Yes saw it myself. I was impressed that all forms of bigotry were called out by the Rabbi who appeared. I still feel saddend by the Islamophobic chanting of our so called supporters at Luton a few years ago and the homophobic chants at Brighton.

Whilst I don't share Peacock's religious views I admire anyone who stands up for which they believe. Especially those who stand and be counted amongst those who oppose narrow mindedness.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Excellent programme on BBC1 on how Gavin Peacock became Christian whilst being a professional football, and faith in football in general.
Yes saw it myself. I was impressed that all forms of bigotry were called out by the Rabbi who appeared. I still feel saddend by the Islamophobic chanting of our so called supporters at Luton a few years ago and the homophobic chants at Brighton.

Whilst I don't share Peacock's religious views I admire anyone who stands up for which they believe. Especially those who stand and be counted amongst those who oppose narrow mindedness.
Don't forget the Christophobic chanting / behaviour. Mind you that's nothing compared to the Christian persecution in the Middle East etc. There's been a marked decline in the Christian population in these countries, including Israel where of course Christianity started.

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Don't forget the Christophobic chanting / behaviour. Mind you that's nothing compared to the Christian persecution in the Middle East etc. There's been a marked decline in the Christian population in these countries, including Israel where of course Christianity started.
All forms of bigotry are equally as bad and ridiculous.