Re: Butler Out

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Got Pring to play there.
Isn't he on loan ? until Jan?

You know he is.
I’d be surprised if we don’t try and extend that loan though.
We've also only got Bakinson, Semenyo and Harris until January as it stands.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on December 17th, 2018, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exile 1976 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Got Pring to play there.
Isn't he on loan ? until Jan?

You know he is.
I’d be surprised if we don’t try and extend that loan though.
Yes knew he was on loan but was unsure for how long the initial deal was, and how binding such deals are to prevent the parent club recalling them. Cooper was meant to be for the season wasn't he? Was that changed only because both clubs agreed?

Cornish Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:That's a big blow
Mickey Demetriou has played left back/wing back for most of his career prior to joining County. Might even be an improvement.
I think that it would be difficult to overstate how important Butler is to the team. In my opinion this is a major blow and weakens our chances of winning the tie. Pring is a good player but he is raw and a natural attacking player rather than a defender. Butler will be missed that's for sure.

I think it is a dreadful rule, BTW, which favours the bigger clubs.

Cornish Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:That's a big blow
Mickey Demetriou has played left back/wing back for most of his career prior to joining County. Might even be an improvement.
Agree with that. We'll miss Butler, but with a fully fit squad O'Brien or Bennett can easily slot into the middle and Mickey D can play out wide. He is actually superb with the ball at his feet, something he doesn't get to demonstrate too often in the middle of the park. I could see him being very dangerous out there.

Blackandamber wrote:His booking against Wrexham was so unnecessary. Why get involved when the ref had already sent off the Wrexham player. I agree with Mike Flynn though that the new rule favours the tier 1 and 2 clubs who only enter the FA Cup at round 3 so can't have any players banned due to 2 yellow cards.
Not only this , I have read tonight that the FA are scrapping replays from the 5th round of this years FA cup because of the demand of 6 clubs qualifying for the latter stages of Europe. Bless them, it must be a real grind to have squads of 45 players and not be able to play two games a week.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:His booking against Wrexham was so unnecessary. Why get involved when the ref had already sent off the Wrexham player. I agree with Mike Flynn though that the new rule favours the tier 1 and 2 clubs who only enter the FA Cup at round 3 so can't have any players banned due to 2 yellow cards.
Not only this , I have read tonight that the FA are scrapping replays from the 5th round of this years FA cup because of the demand of 6 clubs qualifying for the latter stages of Europe. Bless them, it must be a real grind to have squads of 45 players and not be able to play two games a week.
Arrogantly assuming they will reach the 5th round.