Re: Butler Out

His booking against Wrexham was so unnecessary. Why get involved when the ref had already sent off the Wrexham player. I agree with Mike Flynn though that the new rule favours the tier 1 and 2 clubs who only enter the FA Cup at round 3 so can't have any players banned due to 2 yellow cards.

Blackandamber wrote:His booking against Wrexham was so unnecessary. Why get involved when the ref had already sent off the Wrexham player. I agree with Mike Flynn though that the new rule favours the tier 1 and 2 clubs who only enter the FA Cup at round 3 so can't have any players banned due to 2 yellow cards.

Then non league Clubs could say the same thing
Over tier 3 and 4 then tier 5 etc

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:His booking against Wrexham was so unnecessary. Why get involved when the ref had already sent off the Wrexham player. I agree with Mike Flynn though that the new rule favours the tier 1 and 2 clubs who only enter the FA Cup at round 3 so can't have any players banned due to 2 yellow cards.

And they’d be right

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

And they’d be right
I hope the Club/ Flynny has given him a bolloxin stupid card no need to get involved.

The Ref delt with it straight away Red was shown within 2 seconds

Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

And they’d be right
Didn't Wrexham have a player suspended against us for this?

Amberexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

And they’d be right
Didn't Wrexham have a player suspended against us for this?

I don’t know mate, but if they did that’s ridiculous. Terrible rule.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Didn't Wrexham have a player suspended against us for this?

I don’t know mate, but if they did that’s ridiculous. Terrible rule.

I've just looked it up, Brad Walker was booked in the original tie against us up there so missed the replay due to suspension.
It was mentioned in the Argus which is why it must have stuck in my mind.
Agree it is a terrible rule clearly designed to favour the bigger clubs.