3 New Players - Where would you strengthen ?

Interesting that Flynny has his eye on 2 poss 3 recruits.
Without really meaning which specific players, which position or areas of the team would you like to see us strengthened?

I see no prob at all with our goalies, days superb imho and the forwards we're more than fine, as if we can have Harris on the bench then we're blessed. The forwards also cross all styles, big man, make it happen, fox in box types etc.

The Defence is pretty covered, thinking Bennet can fill in at CB and we have OB in and out.

My number one target would be a ball playing midfielder, who can run the game, keep us moving and feed the forwards. I don't think those we have at the moment (Dolan ) do that to a good enough level. So someone along the lines of Byrne would top my wish list.

A similar option is a number 10 or hole behind the forwards role which again Sheehan is not quite delivering on here.
Basically supply lines footballers would top my list.

What about you?

Re: 3 New Players - Where would you strengthen ?

The League table suggests we are scoring sufficient goals but conceding far too many. Therefore It would seem to me that CB and defensive/holding midfielder are those areas requiring strengthening, especially as this is where the majority of our injuries have occurred. Happy to read in today's Argus that we may actually have a full fit squad to select from come Saturday; although 5 games in 15 days will probably stretch us. A further complication that would throw a spanner in the works is if Harris and Sememyo were recalled/transferred?

excessbee wrote:But that's not written in tablets of stone. Last season, McCoulsky's loan was extended at about this time. The fact that two of the three from Bristol have got regular game time may work in our favour. Harris has been unlucky to be in the queue behind two regular scoring strikers.
Of course, but the period in all the news releases at the time they joined was until 'January'.

Hopefully they and their club want to extend the period beyond January (AND it is a fit with what our Manager wants/needs).

This is a weird one because individually I like the defenders but like already mentioned the stats are not good. Out of the top 7 our goals conceded is the worst by some distance. Eventually that will catch up with us so for me it's either defence or a holding midfielder. After that maybe a number 10 but personally if there's a bit of spare cash floating around from the cup run I would be trying to tie the likes of Butler, Amond, Day etc into extended contracts so that we're not starting from scratch again next season.