Re: 3 New Players - Where would you strengthen ?

I saw yesterday Flynny said his priority is defence which seems to chime with a few people on here. Personally, I don't think the defence is the issue, I think the lack of protection from midfield and the lack of holding the ball up up front have put more pressure on the defence, it's not just defenders who concede goals but the whole team and how it's set up. With Labs back, bennet spare and crofts when fit, we should be tighter there imho. But in Flynn, I trust, still a proper passing midfielder top of my county xmas list.
However I have heard rumours about White returning, and great signing that would be. UTC

Agree totally with your views NCFC Hippy (we discussed this earlier) especially in midfield all very well blaming defence for far too many goals conceded but the bigger picture is the midfielders do not make it hard enough for the opposition, leaving too much space and slow to recognise danger, tracking back to cover danger is a rarity. and pressing not impressing.
Lacking energy and bite in midfield as it stands although with Labadie and Bennett available this is less of a concern but with those injured and we need cover so two defensive minded midfielders and a utility defender ie. CB or LB/RB cover.

Amberexile wrote:
excessbee wrote:I think we are in agreement about this. What isn't clear is 'when' in January. Somewhere in the deal is an actual date in January.
Bigger clubs were smarter than us putting in dates early in January allowing them to get players back into their training for a couple of weeks before deciding whether to send them back out on loan.
Have just read that Harris, Pring and Bakinsons' loan deals run until "2nd January 2019" only?