Re: 100 Million Euromillions Tuesday

I suppose raywinstone365 is getting at the point that we would have been wiser putting the money into savings or directly giving it to the club.
Thing is though, this pipedream of ours is the only, if unlikely, way for us little group to get our team our own stadium. If you like we are paying to keep our dream alive. It’s having an aspiration if you like , as Oscar said “ we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars “. Our gutter atm is Rodney Parade, our stars are the “ messageboard stadium “.

Loving the name of the stadium. The reality is of course that multi million winners do happen. Would it be too much to believe a county supporter(s) can win big twice? Can lightning strike twice in the same spot? It has happened.
What county supporter won big the first time?

I sense i may be having an arguement that Scadding was indeed a County supporter?
I think you will find he was Bristol City fan living in Newport. Talked into investing in Newport County by Chris Bright, who was an Estate agent at the time (who now is a property developer himself I believe) I believe he bought a property from his estate agency in Bridge Street. I also understand the property he purchased is located on the outskirts of Usk.
Last edited by Ray Winstone365 on December 23rd, 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » December 22nd, 2018, 11:51 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
I suppose raywinstone365 is getting at the point that we would have been wiser putting the money into savings or directly giving it to the club.
Thing is though, this pipedream of ours is the only, if unlikely, way for us little group to get our team our own stadium. If you like we are paying to keep our dream alive. It’s having an aspiration if you like , as Oscar said “ we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars “. Our gutter atm is Rodney Parade, our stars are the “ messageboard stadium “.

Loving the name of the stadium. The reality is of course that multi million winners do happen. Would it be too much to believe a county supporter(s) can win big twice? Can lightning strike twice in the same spot? It has happened.

What county supporter won big the first time?

I sense i may be having an arguement that Scadding was indeed a County supporter?

I think you will find he was Bristol City fan living in Newport. Talked into investing in Newport County by Chris Bright, who was an Estate agent at the time (who now is a property developer himself I believe) I believe he bought a property from his estate agency in Bridge Street. I also understand the property he purchased is located on the outskirts of Usk.
Last edited by Ray Winstone365 on December 23rd, 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Scadding- as someone who gave his level of investment and time to the club qualifies as a supporter within my understanding of the word. If anyone else sees it differently, so be it.
I think that it is beyond question that he supported the club during his stint as Chairman/owner. Whether he was a supporter before his good fortune is open to question. I wonder if he looks out for our results now?