Excuses

Well Mike what excuse we using this week? Can't wait to see what he says, I'm guessing poor start, bad defending, unlucky in the end. Well just not good enough, wonder if your eyes turned Mike? Can't believe our away form has dipped so badly. Come on sort it out Mike

Re: Excuses

It was Lincoln City away. We lost by one goal. This was only the second time we've had back-to-back league defeats since Flynny took charge 80 (count 'em)...80 games ago!
There are probably reasons we lost, as opposed to excuses. One of our toughest games is out of the way.

newgroundrodney wrote:It was Lincoln City away. We lost by one goal. This was only the second time we've had back-to-back league defeats since Flynny took charge 80 (count 'em)...80 games ago!
There are probably reasons we lost, as opposed to excuses. One of our toughest games is out of the way.
The problem with your first paragraph is it's 100% indisputably factual.

newgroundrodney wrote:It was Lincoln City away. We lost by one goal. This was only the second time we've had back-to-back league defeats since Flynny took charge 80 (count 'em)...80 games ago!
There is a reason,team selection and formation was wrong.I flagged that up before the start and unfortunately,I was correct.

Percy plunkett wrote:
There is a reason,team selection and formation was wrong.I flagged that up before the start and unfortunately,I was correct.
Impossible to say your reason is undoubtedly factual, but I doubt you opinion wouldn't be a majority one.

girl saturday wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:It was Lincoln City away. We lost by one goal. One of our toughest games is out of the way.
Arh, the Mighty Lincoln City.
I'm surprised we bothered even going.
Coming up we have the fantastic Forest Green, followed by classy Crawley and then Super Stevenage.
#We are not worthy
Nothing to do with them being 'mighty'. It's more to do with the fact that we've gone away to a difficult place to go, against one of the division's strongest sides and not been walloped. Something like half of the games we've lost under Flynn have been by one goal. That's because he's made Newport County really quite difficult to beat. I find that a good thing. Few players in and we may be in a position to lay down a proper sustained challenge, which I also find a good thing.

Countymadbell wrote:Well Mike what excuse we using this week? Can't wait to see what he says, I'm guessing poor start, bad defending, unlucky in the end. Well just not good enough, wonder if your eyes turned Mike? Can't believe our away form has dipped so badly. Come on sort it out Mike

We played pretty well but lost 3-2 away to the league leaders. Wonder why some of our fans expect us to win every game

girl saturday wrote:I grew up in & around Newport County and have been a fan all my life.
In all those years, the one word I never remember hearing is "Aspire".

:roll: .. we all want to win every game GS but unfortunately that will never happen and, amazingly, whether we like it or not there are better teams out there than us

Exile 1976 wrote:
girl saturday wrote:I grew up in & around Newport County and have been a fan all my life.

:roll: .. we all want to win every game GS but unfortunately that will never happen and, amazingly, whether we like it or not there are better teams out there than us
Once you accept defeat you are beaten. Kate is right, we fail to aspire to what we could be.

girl saturday wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

I agree, we've accepted it for as long as I remember, sadly that's why nothing has ever changed.

Pathetic comment GS.
It’s a fact that there are better teams and teams with much bigger budgets. We all want and hope to catch up with them but so do every other side. The board, the management, the players, will try their level best to do so.
You have to accept that you will never win every game, that’s not a ‘Newport’ trait that’s a fact of life.