Re: Labadie

daftasfxxx wrote:
mike wilks wrote:If only both he and Labadie were fit at the same time...
We would have two injury prone liabilities on the pitch at the same time, add O'Brien to the mix and thats all the subs sorted before half time

That’s the only reason why Labadie & Crofts are at a club like Newport County, if they weren’t they'd be playing at a higher level
Last edited by Exile 1976 on December 29th, 2018, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Labadie and Croft’s signings are going to be the reasons we fall off the pace in the league especially over the holiday period when it becomes a squad game. Huge risks financially too. This Leicester game will cover these two errors thankfully.

Skate Exile wrote:The Labadie and Croft’s signings are going to be the reasons we fall off the pace in the league especially over the holiday period when it becomes a squad game. Huge risks financially too. This Leicester game will cover these two errors thankfully.

I find it sad that people use these injuries as another stick to beat the club with , you also posted you would love Labadie back on the right financial terms , how do you know he is not?

Show me a manager that would not win the league every season if he could operate with the benefit of hindsight. Still 23 games to go, these two could yet be colossal for us , or they may not.

Skate Exile wrote:The Labadie and Croft’s signings are going to be the reasons we fall off the pace in the league especially over the holiday period when it becomes a squad game. Huge risks financially too. This Leicester game will cover these two errors thankfully.
You need to make your mind up.....

"
Skate Exile » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: Andrew Crofts

Yet again well done MF. Some really impressive signings so far."

whoareya wrote:
You need to make your mind up.....

"
Skate Exile » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: Andrew Crofts

Yet again well done MF. Some really impressive signings so far."
Not an original quote but I think in order.

'When the facts change, I change my mind.'

It's what intelligent people do.

Very intelligent people do is see things in advance. I wonder who it was who said that whilst it was a decision for a manager to make signing players who have been out with long term injuries was a risk? Actually I don't wonder, it was me.

Do I think it was worth taking a chance on Crofts?
Yes.
Do I think it was worth taking a chance on Sheehan?
Yes.
Do I think it was worth taking a chance on Labadie?
Yes.

Do I think it was worth taking a chance on all, three, together at the same time?
No.

Great news that Labadie will only be out for 10 days it was swelling around the same knee that he badly damaged.
If he had another cruciate injury on the repaired ligament it could of been the end of his football career. Thank goodness for that what a relief to Labs and family and us County supporters.
Have a successful 2019 on and off the pitch Joss . :cheers:
Last edited by somerton moss on December 31st, 2018, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's 22 games left and if we get Labadie right he'll be massive for us. Unfortunate knock against Fgr but at least it was from a challenge and not from a weakness. He did well against Lincoln and has that ability to push past players. Don't forget how influential he was in the great escape 10 games.