Re: Age checks on Gate

I got the impression today that we have had people getting in for free or reduced rates that they're not entitled to .

This will obviously lose the Club direct revenue and also COST us more for extra stewards to manage it .
I definitely think there were extra stewards today for a game that didn't really need it .
Shame of some people .

What you need is someone called an "unemployment liaison officer" (a volunteer) if possible. They could also speak to the people that run food banks, talk to schools, Clubs where children go in the evenings (I'm not sure what you call them in your Country) and not to forget the people that are living on the poverty line. I Bet you will find that in your Town or City there's at least 1,000 people or more who would like to attend but just can not afford the full price of the ticket that's why they do what they have to do to survive.
And I bet there are one or two or maybe more on this Forum put in the same situation would do the same if it happened to them.
Come on now hand on heart what would you do if you had just lost your job and that you normally take your children to watch the local Football Team (Newport County). Would you be able tell them that you are unable to take them to watch "Newport County" anymore because "". And before you say go out and find another job. It's not that easy I can you tell you in my country it isn't. I was quite lucky to have a skill that I was able use to setup my own business.
So before you start to criticise other people put yourselves in their shoes what would you do?

xisle wrote:these people are stealing from the club
is it ok if i cant afford a replica shirt to steal one from the shop?
No it isn't right. But and there will always be a But. It's right for some people to go out and steal from that shop because they can't see any other option. They might need that shirt for a job interview or maybe to sell so they can put food on the table for their young family. Until you have been in that situation or you know someone that has been in that situation you my friend would never understand or maybe you don't want to understand. I don't know you and you don't know me. Like I said you don't know how you would really react until you have been in the same position as that person that went into that shop to steal that shirt. Like I said it isn't right. But you have got to look at the bigger picture.

I’ve seen the same at Vale Park. The turnstile operator gave a look to this bloke in his thirties holding a kid’s ticket then let him through. Personally I’ve no problem with people doing it who otherwise wouldn’t attend. But then I’m not (directly) responsible for paying the County’s bills. I’d be less understanding if my employer pulled the same stunt with me on payday.

rncfc wrote:
xisle wrote:these people are stealing from the club
is it ok if i cant afford a replica shirt to steal one from the shop?
No. But you could buy a kids one and wear it like a belly top? The club gets something rather than nothing.

There's a fair few of ours wearing replica tops that already look like that.

"Yes, I'm sure I want a size medium, I've been a medium since I was 19".

*****waddles off, moobs swinging *****

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Does this count as theft, or fraud, or something like "obtaining pecuniary advantage by false representation", or some other area of law? ... (Stan?)
...but it does give rise to that age old question: can the poor afford to be honest?
Yes.
What I will say "if you believe in what you are doing is right for you, then I would say it's your life . But if you would find it really hard to live with it, then don't . The life of being dishonest isn't for you. Go out there and be the best person you can be. And find something that you are good at that will lead you to an honest life and fruitful and the best life possible. But once you have decide to lead a dishonest life it will be very hard to go back to being an honest person. Once you have been caught and charged with dishonesty and you end up in the Newspapers with your picture and crimes you have committed whether it a major crime or a small crime. You will always be known as a criminal and it will be very difficult to get rid of that name. People will look at you in a very different way. But your true friends will stick by you whatever you decide to do.
So now it's your decision, which road will you take the road on your right or the road to your left?
Last edited by The Newport on December 30th, 2018, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:Does this count as theft, or fraud, or something like "obtaining pecuniary advantage by false representation", or some other area of law? ... (Stan?)
...but it does give rise to that age old question: can the poor afford to be honest?
I have never heard of that age old question and frankly it's use is assuming a two tier society. Who the F,,,,,k is to judge that one?

mad norm wrote:
I have never heard of that age old question and frankly it's use is assuming a two tier society. Who the F,,,,,k is to judge that one?
If you are caught being dishonest it would be the courts.

Micheal wrote:sadly your right, assault someone, mug someone, molest someone slap on the wrist sneak in the county on a kiddy ticket full weight of the law on you.countrys phucked
Having looked at the way your Court system works. You're right they put more value on crimes to do with dishonesty than people's lives.